ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here have an iwatch?

Dr. Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
Any input on it?
Expensive toy or actually useful?

lot of money, short battery life, not really fully implemented software yet. Personally I'd wait for the version 2 or 3 before diving in.

lot of money, short battery life, not really fully implemented software yet. Personally I'd wait for the version 2 or 3 before diving in.
That's sort where I am on it.

It has potential, but it was released now as a bone to Jonny Ive to keep him around. Its really not ready yet and feels more like a prototype now. I think by around version 3 the battery life and feature set will start to reach the area where its actually useful.

Any input on it?
Expensive toy or actually useful?

Yeah, I'm a huge Apple fan. I've got an iPhone 5S, an iPad Air 2, a new MacBook Pro and my wife has an IPhone 6Plus. I'm also probably going to buy iPad Pros for the counselors at my new addiction facilities (I may go with the Asus 2in1 Pro that my wife has and loves instead as it's cheaper). But even for me Apple fan extraordinaire...I just don't see the point to the watch. Even if it could do everything my phone could...I'd rather have the full size phone. And I don't wear Jewelry not as a religious thing but I just don't care. So it seems rather pointless.

Yeah, I'm a huge Apple fan. I've got an iPhone 5S, an iPad Air 2, a new MacBook Pro and my wife has an IPhone 6Plus. I'm also probably going to buy iPad Pros for the counselors at my new addiction facilities (I may go with the Asus 2in1 Pro that my wife has and loves instead as it's cheaper). But even for me Apple fan extraordinaire...I just don't see the point to the watch. Even if it could do everything my phone could...I'd rather have the full size phone. And I don't wear Jewelry not as a religious thing but I just don't care. So it seems rather pointless.

slightly off topic but stick with the iPads. In my experience the other tablets start fantastic but grind to a slow demise where you have to blow everything away and start from scratch. I went through multiple tablets before getting the iPad and it works exactly the same today as it did when I got it a couple years ago (going on 3 if I recall correctly)

slightly off topic but stick with the iPads. In my experience the other tablets start fantastic but grind to a slow demise where you have to blow everything away and start from scratch. I went through multiple tablets before getting the iPad and it works exactly the same today as it did when I got it a couple years ago (going on 3 if I recall correctly)

This is true for all Apple products except for the phones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT