ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here losing interest in college football?

O love college football in general. Love a good game, close or entertaining game no matter who’s playing. Of course FSU first and foremost.
But this has been a very blah, down year across the country. Mainly because from the get go 90% of us figured a Bama vs Clemson rematch. Once the ten or so viable contenders lose a game or two, you saw it coming even more so.

While there have been some good games, there have not been near enough, nor great games in so called big or rival match ups.
Look at all the blow outs and huge point spreads this year.
I’ll still watch bowl games for the most part. But it has NOT been a interesting year as compared with the past

The unpredictability was what was so great about the college game years ago. It seems now that is more prevalent in the NFL.

I dont remember college football every being overly unpredictable. Sure, there are upsets every year and things of that nature, but far more times than not the teams that win a national title were ranked high to start the year, the teams that win conference titles were at least picked in the top 3 or 4 of the conference etc etc. I would actually argue there is more parity now. It might not seem that way because Alabama has been so dominant, but if you look at the actual teams in contention throughout the year, I would argue there are more good teams now than there have been in years or decades past.

O love college football in general. Love a good game, close or entertaining game no matter who’s playing. Of course FSU first and foremost.
But this has been a very blah, down year across the country. Mainly because from the get go 90% of us figured a Bama vs Clemson rematch. Once the ten or so viable contenders lose a game or two, you saw it coming even more so.

While there have been some good games, there have not been near enough, nor great games in so called big or rival match ups.
Look at all the blow outs and huge point spreads this year.
I’ll still watch bowl games for the most part. But it has NOT been a interesting year as compared with the past
To me, having Alabama simply dominate the way they do makes for a more boring season. And the other "great" teams are seemingly just playing boring football. For all their supposed dominance, I really can't stand to watch most SEC games.

Reactions: KevNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT