ADVERTISEMENT

anyone use a flat Griddle style grill?

Bartdog

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2002
Jax
I'm not even sure what to call them. it's a gas grill with a large flat cooking surface like I assume they use in restaurants.

does it take some getting used to? any specific opinions or recommendations?

Its like a cast iron skillet. IMO just as good as a wood grill if you can get the high temps required to get a good sear. Not as good as a green egg but better than a regular gas grill.

Reactions: goldmom
Its like a cast iron skillet. IMO just as good as a wood grill if you can get the high temps required to get a good sear. Not as good as a green egg but better than a regular gas grill.
A lot of RVers use the smaller Blackstone grill.

I get the impression that there's no convection going on, all surface contact heat. is that accurate?

Reactions: NoleinATL
I use my blackstone a lot once it cools off. It ain't much fun to cook on when it's 95.

well I wound up getting a blackstone from Costco. seasoned it the first day and cooked pork chops and smash burgers the next. I just hope I can do a good job on maintenance. so far so good.

Also you get convection when needed by putting a dome over the food. I didn't have one so I just used one of those disposable aluminum oven pans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT