ADVERTISEMENT

At this point....

Thank you for clarifying this. It reminds me when the CDC said something like only 6% of deaths solely listed COVID as the reason and lots of people with no understanding of medicine took that to assume 94% were inaccurately attributed to COVID. When, in fact, all it actually meant was those people had Co morbidities that also contributed to their death. But we live in a world where “truth” and “facts” are whatever people want them to be and thousands of people who have no idea what they’re talking about will announce that Johns Hopkins is saying there aren’t any more deaths this year when that’s not at all true. It’s simply amazing. But hey, whatever someone’s cousin shares on Facebook is probably just good science.
I want it to be true about excess deaths being over stated. But context is everything and I think people are more likely to run with a narrative they want to be true, even if it isn’t necessarily factual.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
Thank you for clarifying this. It reminds me when the CDC said something like only 6% of deaths solely listed COVID as the reason and lots of people with no understanding of medicine took that to assume 94% were inaccurately attributed to COVID. When, in fact, all it actually meant was those people had Co morbidities that also contributed to their death. But we live in a world where “truth” and “facts” are whatever people want them to be and thousands of people who have no idea what they’re talking about will announce that Johns Hopkins is saying there aren’t any more deaths this year when that’s not at all true. It’s simply amazing. But hey, whatever someone’s cousin shares on Facebook is probably just good science.
Since 2015 the USA has seen a roughly 30-60k increase in total yearly deaths every single year through 2019. In 2020 that changed. You would think yea of course it change, Covid hit and we have excess deaths. Wrong. We have less deaths. We are on pace for the least amount of deaths we have had since 2016. To have excess deaths, all deaths from other illnesses and chronic diseases would need to at least remain constant and we should see a large spike in Covid deaths and a fairly big increase in total deaths (roughly the amount of Covid deaths). Again this is not what the data shows. All deaths from chronic illness/disease are way down and total deaths are down. That does not jive with a narrative of all these excess deaths.

Per the CDC's own numbers over 94% of all covid deaths have been people over the age of 70 years old. In many countries the average age of covid death is actually even older than the average life expectancy in that country.

Since 2015 the USA has seen a roughly 30-60k increase in total yearly deaths every single year through 2019. In 2020 that changed. You would think yea of course it change, Covid hit and we have excess deaths. Wrong. We have less deaths. We are on pace for the least amount of deaths we have had since 2016. To have excess deaths, all deaths from other illnesses and chronic diseases would need to at least remain constant and we should see a large spike in Covid deaths and a fairly big increase in total deaths (roughly the amount of Covid deaths). Again this is not what the data shows. All deaths from chronic illness/disease are way down and total deaths are down. That does not jive with a narrative of all these excess deaths.

Per the CDC's own numbers over 94% of all covid deaths have been people over the age of 70 years old. In many countries the average age of covid death is actually even older than the average life expectancy in that country.
If this were true, it wouldn’t be kept to message boards and the like. I really want it to be the case, but the CDC numbers and your numbers don’t jive.

I want it to be true about excess deaths being over stated. But context is everything and I think people are more likely to run with a narrative they want to be true, even if it isn’t necessarily factual.
Look at the cdc's own data. I mean the original article from Briand uses the cdc's data but you can look for yourself. Where are the excess deaths?

The reality is heart disease, cancer, influenza, chronic respiratory disorders, etc are not all drastically down like as being reported. These deaths have just been reclassified as covid deaths. This is the same chronically ill age demographic that fills these categories every year. But they go down as Covid. Literally almost 95% of all Covid deaths come from this age/chronically ill demographic

Look at the cdc's own data. I mean the original article from Briand uses the cdc's data but you can look for yourself. Where are the excess deaths?

The reality is heart disease, cancer, influenza, chronic respiratory disorders, etc are not all drastically down like as being reported. These deaths have just been reclassified as covid deaths. This is the same chronically ill age demographic that fills these categories every year. But they go down as Covid. Literally almost 95% of all Covid deaths come from this age/chronically ill demographic

Reactions: QuaZ2002
If this were true, it wouldn’t be kept to message boards and the like. I really want it to be the case, but the CDC numbers and your numbers don’t jive.
Where is your data. Have you read Briand's study?

From Nov 16th from the CDC, these are their #'s for deaths per year in the USA.

2015- 2,712,630
2016- 2,744,248
2017- 2,813,503
2018- 2,839,205
2019- 2,900,689
2020- 2,487,350 (as of Nov 16th)

You can find that on the CDC's website. Where are the excess deaths?

That crap doesn't work and has been shown not to work by credible sources.
In late stages it doesn't work.. look at the peer reviewer journal it's being put in.. its a combo with a z pack and zinc. Come on man, I posted the actual peer reviewed study being published in December.

You probably do not care but this is why the narrative was started. One of the best pieces of journalism you will find in today's society and written by someone who hates trump. It was originally written on medium.com but they were threatened and took it down. He put it up himself (the author). I'd challenge anyone to read this and find anything to dispute, on either side. The problem is most people do not like the reporting of facts, they want the reporting of opinion.

Last edited:
Oh, and last week (before Briand's article came out) I verified all these numbers from the cdc. But now when you go to look it up you literally only get opinion pieces on why "the numbers are misleading" and why we really have excess deaths. It is way more difficult now to find the raw data.

2015- 2,712,630
2016- 2,744,248
2017- 2,813,503
2018- 2,839,205
2019- 2,900,689

I appreciate you coming back with stats, it shows you are serious and being thoughtful. To be honest I have had a few beers tonight and I want to be able to respond without sounding like an idiot. I will try and see what I can find on CDC tomorrow as tonight I am finding navigating that website is like a mouse in a maze. But again, I appreciate your transparency and I want to make sure I give you the same effort and respect.

2015- 2,712,630
2016- 2,744,248
2017- 2,813,503
2018- 2,839,205
2019- 2,900,689

Bruh, he is taking data from October 10th and using it for today. I'm thoroughly confused. Also, the main reason that one article was taken down is they were worried it would make people not care about covid.

Of course deaths should be down, people leave their house less. It's weird, we are better off going on with our normal lives while taking precautions. Where we have done a poor job is a lot of screenings and medical diagnostics are down because of covid which could cause a rise in cancer and other things going forward. The number 1 stat that goes into cancer survival, is early detection. I should know, I used to work in cancer research.

2015- 2,712,630
2016- 2,744,248
2017- 2,813,503
2018- 2,839,205
2019- 2,900,689

By my calculation after reviewing the CDC website, with four and a half weeks left in the year, we are on target to have somewhere between 2.8 and 2.9 million deaths in the US in 2020, which is right on average for the last several years.
So where are the "excess deaths" narratives coming from?
And thanks for your patience with me. I am skeptical of everything I read on this subject. I m much more comfortable with numbers and real data.
Thanks again. This is a real eye opener.

By my calculation after reviewing the CDC website, with four and a half weeks left in the year, we are on target to have somewhere between 2.8 and 2.9 million deaths in the US in 2020, which is right on average for the last several years.
So where are the "excess deaths" narratives coming from?
And thanks for your patience with me. I am skeptical of everything I read on this subject. I m much more comfortable with numbers and real data.
Thanks again. This is a real eye opener.
If I was abrasive I'm sorry. I'm just over all of this lol. But yea the death rate and the death totals are normal. In fact 2020 is less than what it should have been. And the survivability of Covid under the age of 70 is just about identical as the flu. We are talking 99.9%.

We have shut down schools and severely damage the youth in this country. The survivability under 25 is over 99.997%.

The "cure" has been worse than the virus.

If I was abrasive I'm sorry. I'm just over all of this lol. But yea the death rate and the death totals are normal. In fact 2020 is less than what it should have been. And the survivability of Covid under the age of 70 is just about identical as the flu. We are talking 99.9%.

We have shut down schools and severely damage the youth in this country. The survivability under 25 is over 99.997%.

The "cure" has been worse than the virus.
You were hardly abrasive. And I agree, I am over this as well. I just can't get by the massive use of the term "excess deaths" virtually everywhere and all it takes is a calculator and 5 minutes to see we are on par with every recent year. I can't get past the feeling that I'm missing something.

Reactions: JEHseminole
You were hardly abrasive. And I agree, I am over this as well. I just can't get by the massive use of the term "excess deaths" virtually everywhere and all it takes is a calculator and 5 minutes to see we are on par with every recent year. I can't get past the feeling that I'm missing something.
I have yet to read anything to explain it. I'm far from a conspiracy theorist. But our national response to a generally very mild virus makes no sense whatsoever. And as soon as you say that you get anecdotes of people who died from it. There are also anecdotes of people who died from influenza. Doesn't warrant what we are doing with shutdowns, mask policies, etc.

Reactions: ChiefWB
Everyone seems to forget the WH having the CDC rig the death totals a few months back to keep them down on the official record, and even DeSantis changed up how a Covid death was tallied here in FL.

We really don’t know at this point how many Covid deaths. There are more than being recorded when cities have to bring in Mobile morgue trailers because they are filling up.

Everyone seems to forget the WH having the CDC rig the death totals a few months back to keep them down on the official record, and even DeSantis changed up how a Covid death was tallied here in FL.

We really don’t know at this point how many Covid deaths. There are more than being recorded when cities have to bring in Mobile morgue trailers because they are filling up.
The WH changing Covid numbers... ok. If anything the Covid death toll is less than being reported.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT