ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Mercedes-Benz Stadium Fan First Pricing

I think this is going to be a disaster.

don't get me wrong, reasonable prices for food and drinks is a nice change but its too little too late.

now i'm sure the stadium will be nice. I just don't think the numbers are going to be there for Blank.

from my perspective, its only worth going to the game instead of watching on tv if you sit on the sidelines, not upper deck or endzone. for the current stadium, that's about $100 a ticket. Half of the people in the stadium are middle class or lower middle class, and this is their splurge.

to pay for the new stadium, there are higher ticket prices and PSLs. a lot of season ticket holders are throwing in the towel. on top of that, Blank still has not fired Demitroff and is pretending like Shanahan shouldn't be fired also.

I think Blank is going to have attendance problems. A lot of the people who used to buy tickets won't or can't anymore. On top of that, I expect the racial make up is going to go from 50% black to single digit black.

The Braves in contrast are doing some things right, but other things wrong. They gutted the team to the point where long term fans don't even recognize anyone on their roster. The CEO of Liberty Media, the owner, was paid more than the entire Braves payroll according to the AJC.

I think this is going to be a disaster.

don't get me wrong, reasonable prices for food and drinks is a nice change but its too little too late.

now i'm sure the stadium will be nice. I just don't think the numbers are going to be there for Blank.

from my perspective, its only worth going to the game instead of watching on tv if you sit on the sidelines, not upper deck or endzone. for the current stadium, that's about $100 a ticket. Half of the people in the stadium are middle class or lower middle class, and this is their splurge.

to pay for the new stadium, there are higher ticket prices and PSLs. a lot of season ticket holders are throwing in the towel. on top of that, Blank still has not fired Demitroff and is pretending like Shanahan shouldn't be fired also.

I think Blank is going to have attendance problems. A lot of the people who used to buy tickets won't or can't anymore. On top of that, I expect the racial make up is going to go from 50% black to single digit black.

The Braves in contrast are doing some things right, but other things wrong. They gutted the team to the point where long term fans don't even recognize anyone on their roster. The CEO of Liberty Media, the owner, was paid more than the entire Braves payroll according to the AJC.

At least their PSL's are somewhat of an ownership. You can resell them. Compared to what others are doing (FSU included with champions club) it's a huge benefit. It's reflecting in the sales of them too, with 26,000+ sold in the first year. I am not a Falcons fan but I follow stadium build outs pretty well. My knee jerk reaction was they were doing a good thing on their new stadium because it's barely publicly funded. Our country needs more examples of this so cities and states can push back when asked for tax dollars. I'm curious to see how this shakes out because it seems the current model for most teams is get people's butts in seats as cheap as possible then rake them over the coals once they are there. If the season ticket prices go up then I agree that this may be too little too late for the fans.

At least their PSL's are somewhat of an ownership. You can resell them. Compared to what others are doing (FSU included with champions club) it's a huge benefit. It's reflecting in the sales of them too, with 26,000+ sold in the first year. I am not a Falcons fan but I follow stadium build outs pretty well. My knee jerk reaction was they were doing a good thing on their new stadium because it's barely publicly funded. Our country needs more examples of this so cities and states can push back when asked for tax dollars. I'm curious to see how this shakes out because it seems the current model for most teams is get people's butts in seats as cheap as possible then rake them over the coals once they are there. If the season ticket prices go up then I agree that this may be too little too late for the fans.

I agree with you that Blank has done some things positive. But he's only sold $150 million worth of tickets for a $1.4Billion stadium. and the "ownership" angle is really a fraud, because like every other PSL the team can jack up the ticket prices.

as for public funding, that's a lot of spin also. Atlanta owned the old stadium. It was or soon will be paid for. So the fact that taxpayers have to pay anything towards another stadium, and that they have agreed to demolish the old staidum (really only about 25 years old now), is close to a crime in my book. Obviously Blank didn't want to complete with another stadium, makes sense if you are him, but it doesn't make sense for citizens of Atlanta. I mean, how much do citizens of Chicago or Boston pay for Wrigley or Fenway?

One thing that is different about Atlanta compared to some other big cities is that it really does not have the wealth you would expect for a city its size. There are a handful of big corporates here, but not that many.

From the point of view of the fan, I think mot of them thought the existing stadium was fine. They are going to be stuck with higher ticket prices and I don't see a benefit to the fan. You go from paying $100 for a ticket and $5 for a coke to $200 for a ticket and $2 for a Coke. I think most folks are going to see through that math.

I think the Braves are miscalculating as well. Most fans are interpreting their roster moves as an insult. It doesn't matter if the young players pan out, because the past history is that the Braves just trade them to New York or LA when they ask for what they are worth.

From the point of view of the fan, I think mot of them thought the existing stadium was fine. They are going to be stuck with higher ticket prices and I don't see a benefit to the fan. You go from paying $100 for a ticket and $5 for a coke to $200 for a ticket and $2 for a Coke. I think most folks are going to see through that math.
the good news for fans that care to watch the falcon's pathetic breed of 'football', cheap tickets will readily be available on the secondary market, allowing a fan to go to a falcons game for $40 and enjoy $2 treats.

the good news for fans that care to watch the falcon's pathetic breed of 'football', cheap tickets will readily be available on the secondary market, allowing a fan to go to a falcons game for $40 and enjoy $2 treats.

I hope you are correct.

I think the big key here is the fact that Blank said these prices are not a gimmick and will be available at all events held at the new stadium. Thats why I don't think there is any way this will be a disaster. The Falcons play 10 games a year (including preseason) at the stadium. But when you add MLS, college football, likely final 4, super bowl, concerts, and a possible world cup in the next ten years, I think that place will be full a lot.

Read FSU-Bama lower level seats start at $225 & upstairs last row is $125. Bet secondary market will be below face.

PSL's have been a failure everywhere. Jets & Giants had 25-30 year season ticket waiting lists & could not sell anywhere near PSL's anticipated. Atlanta will be same.

Not a lot of championships in this franchise's history, but this new pricing should help Atlanta to secure sole possession of Diabetes.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Read FSU-Bama lower level seats start at $225 & upstairs last row is $125. Bet secondary market will be below face.

I would not count on that, as those face prices are less than most resale prices for Bama home games.

I would not count on that, as those face prices are less than most resale prices for Bama home games.
Wish I had purchased tixx for Peach Bowl last year, for a fee you were guaranteed the right to purchase tixx for Semifinals this season & FSU-Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT