ADVERTISEMENT

Benson and Toafili

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
There have been several comments on the board about TB running like he is afraid of getting hurt and Toafili needs to be the 3rd or 4th option at RB. I went back and watched parts of 3 games I recorded from last year. The difference between the two from last year to this year is very apparent. However I don't feel like it is their doing at all. Last year TB lead the nation or was very close to the top of RBs with yards gained after contact. LT was a cutting slashing runner who seemingly could cut through any size gap and break off a big run. One thing that stood out was on most plays they were never touched by or had to dodge any defenders until they were clear of the LOS. This year it seems they are both have to make someone miss in the backfield. Last year it seemed the left side of our OL would collapse the line into the opponents side of the LOS. Not happening this year. This year when TB gets to the LOS without contact he still makes good yardage after contact. When LT gets past the LOS he is still the slashing cutting machine he was last year. The games from last year where TB was held in check came in our 3 loses. The OL has to get it's issues straightened out and straightened out soon, or we will start seeing losses like last year. For the record I don't think TB is playing to protect his future at all.

Reactions: EL73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News