ADVERTISEMENT

British Open

What about baseball players? The sit on the bench or just stand around for most of their game? At least golfers are on perpetual motion for four, six, eight hours a day...

What about baseball players? The sit on the bench or just stand around for most of their game? At least golfers are on perpetual motion for four, six, eight hours a day...
Man, you get really hurt over people talking about golf. Take the advice from of niece and that movie she watches nonstop and let it go.

Reactions: LesClaypool
fk-yeah-friday-42-photos-24.jpg

LOL

And the whining from the pampered players has already begun. This is the one thing I don't like about professional golf. These guys don't get a course made out of carpet (see Open, U.S.) and they whine. Forced to play in less than ideal conditions? More whining. Have their precious schedules altered--whine whine whine. How can anyone making millions to fly around the world and play on the best courses, many of which I'd never be allowed on, find something to complain about? It irks me.

End of rant.

And the whining from the pampered players has already begun. This is the one thing I don't like about professional golf. These guys don't get a course made out of carpet (see Open, U.S.) and they whine. Forced to play in less than ideal conditions? More whining. Have their precious schedules altered--whine whine whine. How can anyone making millions to fly around the world and play on the best courses, many of which I'd never be allowed on, find something to complain about? It irks me.

End of rant.

Ever been around the parents of elite junior golfers? They are the source of this obnoxious/arrogant personality. Everything must be just perfect for Little Poindexter. Very few of these guys could change a tire, or, God forbid, clean a fish. Amusing and sad at the same time.

Reactions: seminoleed
Tiger has to be hating life right now. He has next to zero chance of making the cut, his game is in shambles, the bad weather is coming in, he can't finish his round today and will have to come back tomorrow morning to finish just to get cut anyway and he can't WD again and save face. Funny...

It can't get much worse for him. Read he fell out of the top 250. Not much left.

It can't get much worse for him. Read he fell out of the top 250. Not much left.

Love it. He is always telling us that he is "soooo close" (to returning to prominence), adding little quips like "I played beautifully today" or "I was really rolling the pill." Not sure if he really believes that garbage, but his horrible performance speaks for itself. He's just a bad dude who needlessly treats people like crap.

You laugh but it takes a lot of work to keep a the perfect balance of nicotine, booze and Zanax during a round.

not sure, but i believe that pic is back from 95, when he won the Open. Not pictured is his caddy, who in addition to carrying his clubs carried his ashtray.

Spieth and Dunne are 3 off the lead through 8. Spieth double bogeyed 8 but is one under for the day.

Brooks Koepka (FSU) is tied for 11th.

Dustin Johnson choked this one away. He was leading at one point but is not tied for 50th. Of course, that beats Tigger who tied for 147th.

Reactions: DixieNoles
Spieth drains a 35-footer at 16 to grab a share of the lead.

Johnson is in the clubhouse at minus 15, Liesman is minus 15 and is playing ahead of Jordan

birdies 17, pars 18. Third place.

Bogey on 17, not birdie.

Three way playoff between Zach, Lieshman, and Oosty (who made clutch putts on the last three holes, including one for birdie on 18 to get into the playoff)

Zach Johnson's dancing caddie is the real winner in St. Andrews, and he's 10% of the kitty richer.

Liesman had a birdie opportunity on 18 before the playoff that he flubbed - wasn't even close. Would have gone into the clubhouse minus 16 before Spieth even teed off on 18 at minus 14.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT