ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny James suffers cardiac arrest

At least this happened yesterday and sounds like he’s already out of the scary part of it. Must have been real quick thinking by the medical staff at USC. Hopefully he can resume his career.

Second heart related issue for a basketball player at USC in as many years.

Same could be said for many things that are on the rise as well. I've never seen so many people having strokes these days compared to the past.
Would be interesting to see some data on these things.

Odd. What would cause this to happen more often lately?
You’re obviously implying it’s the Covid vaccine. Not any data really to suggest cardiac issues this far removed from vaccination. Granted we have no idea what vaccines, if any, he received. Myocarditis from the vaccine is an acute reaction. So if he received the vaccine 2 years ago like most people in theory he could have developed asymptomatic myocarditis and developed a scar which could have triggered this event. It’s possible but so are a lot of scenarios.

You’re obviously implying it’s the Covid vaccine. Not any data really to suggest cardiac issues this far removed from vaccination. Granted we have no idea what vaccines, if any, he received. Myocarditis from the vaccine is an acute reaction. So if he received the vaccine 2 years ago like most people in theory he could have developed asymptomatic myocarditis and developed a scar which could have triggered this event. It’s possible but so are a lot of scenarios.
Actually I was implying a covid related cause. That could be from the infection or the vaccine. Since we are only a few years removed from the virus and the vaccine we only know of acute reactions so the jury is out on longer term effects. Your correct though it could be any number of things but it does seem strange that there seems to be more cardiac a stroke related issues especially among younger healthier people these days. Or maybe we are just hearing about more of them.

Well since we are throwing out various hypotheses, it could also be related to high dose THC cannabis which so many of our young are vaping, smoking, eating, etc... and which are causing a multitude of health problems. I am not saying that Bronny uses cannabis but if he did, it could.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Same could be said for many things that are on the rise as well. I've never seen so many people having strokes these days compared to the past.
More people, more access to information, and more over trained young athletes. The result is more cardiomyopathy.

Well since we are throwing out various hypotheses, it could also be related to high dose THC cannabis which so many of our young are vaping, smoking, eating, etc... and which are causing a multitude of health problems. I am not saying that Bronny uses cannabis but if he did, it could.

My cardiologist in Houston is doing research about covid vaccine and heart issues, my wife cancer doctor is also and her moms cancer doctor is at MD Anderson they said they have seen a high spike since the vaccines.

My guess is he never plays for USC and ends up at some other school similar to Keyontae Johnson.

As I said on the Iowa board (hope the detritus didn't follow me here) the USC coach is probably going to grateful in the long run not having to deal with the ultimate helicopter parent.

Reactions: NoleinATL
As I said on the Iowa board (hope the detritus didn't follow me here) the USC coach is probably going to grateful in the long run not having to deal with the ultimate helicopter parent.

I wonder if he will go straight to the league, depending on the actual time frame of "very near future" or does he still play a year in college when he can get back on the court

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT