ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Stork Waived

Reported on NFLN this morning. Not a good week for the former Noles

Concussions, he's had a ton of them and had another in camp. Time for him to hang it up unfortunately.

Doesn't help your case when you headbutt someone and get kicked out of practice. Hope he lands on his feet. Always a Nole.

Reactions: seminole72
Also got kicked out of practice twice this camp for fighting. Wonder if that combined with the concussions led to his release

he is damaged goods unfortunately. he had decent run and I hope he saved a lot of his money he got paid. I always felt like he overachieved in the league. he surprised a bit with really strong last season in Tallahassee.

Jags could really use another center and to possibly start

Also got kicked out of practice twice this camp for fighting. Wonder if that combined with the concussions led to his release
From all I've seen, it was not about the concussions. "He has a hard time controlling his emotions" e.g. Headbutted someone in the AFC title game last year; 15 big ones.

Jags could really use another center and to possibly start

Stork isn't starting over Linder. Maybe he could start if Linder was moved back to guard but zero chance he wins the job in a competition with Linder.

Stork isn't starting over Linder. Maybe he could start if Linder was moved back to guard but zero chance he wins the job in a competition with Linder.

exactly move Linder back over, it's not like he's a proven center prospect yet. and it also makes the line stronger too.

Well, after hearing about Dez Bryant's and now Stork's concussions, I'm starting to think we are not the only football team that has to deal with concussions in camp.

Hopefully, the potential of losing his livelihood will help Bryan get his emotions in check. Tough balance for a football player. Play with emotion, but keep them in check.

Apparently Stork likes to scuffle with teammates in practice and he fights dirty. I hope the Bucs pick him up. They need all the O-Line help they can get.

Reactions: seminole72
From all I've seen, it was not about the concussions. "He has a hard time controlling his emotions" e.g. Headbutted someone in the AFC title game last year; 15 big ones.
Every guy in the NFL has a hard time controlling emotions. But if it gets you injured or the team excessive penalties, that is not good. And you wonder about roids with these guys in the league?

He once tried to fight me at a party because he thought I was drinking his beer. Huge misunderstanding and scariest moment of my life.

Had the same problem with Gerald Nichols back in the day at the Phyrst. Had to explain to him it was all his beer as he almost flipped a pool table. He was a good dude. Fun to hang at Phyrst with.

It's not like Stork was good. He started for one year basically and was the worse player on the OL for the Pats. Tre needs to show something for them also or he might get cut in a year or so or sooner. Hopefully with the new young talent we get some guys to stick in the lg and actually become good players. All of our former players on the OL in the NFL have either been cut or barely hanging on in the lg. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hart, Watson, Jose, and Jackson cut or barely miss being cut this year.

i hate the pats, but calling them idiots and questioning their personnel decisions seems, well, idiotic.

I question a lot of their personnel moves and I question their entire rotten organization. I don't, however, question the results. I will say this. There isn't a Tom Brady in the wings to save their ass in the near future. When he is gone, I opine they won't be near what they have been. Their drafting has been spotty at best.

They have a near football genius for a head coach, though, so maybe he can hold it all together.

It's not like Stork was good. He started for one year basically and was the worse player on the OL for the Pats. Tre needs to show something for them also or he might get cut in a year or so or sooner. Hopefully with the new young talent we get some guys to stick in the lg and actually become good players. All of our former players on the OL in the NFL have either been cut or barely hanging on in the lg. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hart, Watson, Jose, and Jackson cut or barely miss being cut this year.
It took Hudson a year or so to get fully integrated into the NFL trenches. Watson's been hurt. There have been reports that hart may get a starting slot in NY. There have also been positive reports on Cam and Tre, so I don't think there is much to suggest that they will all be out of the league by September.

Here's just one example from Erving:

"Starting center Cameron Erving left the field on Wednesday with a trainer, dealing with a sprained ankle, Hue Jackson told reporters. The Browns coach, though, doesn't believe the injury is a serious one and expects him to play Friday.

Erving was hurt during shared drills with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, leaving backup Garth Gerhart to work with the first-team offense and Mike Matthews to toil with the twos and threes."

Last edited:
Reactions: luvthenoles
he is damaged goods unfortunately. he had decent run and I hope he saved a lot of his money he got paid. I always felt like he overachieved in the league. he surprised a bit with really strong last season in Tallahassee.
He was the TC whipping boy for 2-3 years.

He was awful but turned it around and became a great OL.

He once tried to fight me at a party because he thought I was drinking his beer. Huge misunderstanding and scariest moment of my life.
His performance went from absolutely awful to great at FSU, he has rage problems (GeneratioNole almost had to kick his ass), makes you go hmmmm

Sad to see that the NFL just throws away players when they are damaged goods and they get nothing because of no guaranteed contracts like baseball and basketball. I love the game but the players are treated like garbage.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Had the same problem with Gerald Nichols back in the day at the Phyrst. Had to explain to him it was all his beer as he almost flipped a pool table. He was a good dude. Fun to hang at Phyrst with.

It all ended amiably, hence why I'm here to tell the tale. But I haven't purchased Keystone Light since then, just to be safe. Hell, they may have cut him because he drinks Keystone Light.

You should have told him you ain't Jaylen Watkins and backhanded him!

SON-D.gif

Surprising news. Waive your starting super bowl winning center? Okay pats, keep up the good work, idiots.

Far from a pats fan, but calling that organization idiots makes you look pretty ignorant. They have the best front office in sports and are known for savvy personel decisions.

The NFL is an extremely ugly business. Unless you are at the very apex of the pyramid, you are generally expendable. Wish the best for this great Nole.

Gerald wanted to beat me up at a whataburger. He was hammered and looked like he had already been in a fight before he got there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT