ADVERTISEMENT

Bucs game

Trading the 2nd and 3rd round draft picks for a kicker ( yes I know it was Roberto) was crazy the Bucs have been perennial bottom dwellers they need players way before they need a kicker. Both of those picks would have been early in the 2nd and third round. If your team is elite you still don't trade early picks pretty obvious they can use players at multiple positions.

It's not going to be easy they go to New Orleans next week ( Brees put 48 on the board today) and he will be looking for revenge next week. They finish at home against Carolina.

Collinsworth is gator excrement.

Guy is unwatchable.

He was announcing like the cowboys won by 50. Prescott is another SEC jaggoff that's why Collinsworth needed a towel and a cig at the end of the game.
Dude. Now Cris Collinsworth is against Florida State and Jameis? It never ends with you guys. When Jameis deserved it, he gave him plenty of props. Unfortunately, Jameis (and the Bucs as a whole) played horribly for most of that game, and could have very easily been blown out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tlb06
Winston missed a lot of open guys tonight, love him but foot work
And mechanics need work

You do see how minimal Tampa's talent is around Winston right?

Winston is literally on a bad team that has somehow won 8 games. They are 29th in the league in yards/rush. 29th! Winston has to move around and scramble often just to get the passing game going.

Yeah you are right Winston overthrew too many balls. He got rattled in the 4th quarter as his OL was collapsing an almost every single snap. But he isn't the biggest problem on the bucs. They need an offensive overall if they want to compete for super bowls.

Reactions: noletaire
An elite RB is a luxury. You don't need one.

You do need an OL and another WR would be nice too.

Would love to see them go after Alshon Jeffery in the off season.

Reactions: Archetype
Do you spend a bunch of money on Jeffery after he was suspended four games? Seems pretty risky obviously they can use him just comes down to whether you can trust him. Hoping they are in the market for a receiver and don't think Vincent Jackson is the answer. He is still hanging around the team. RB might be a luxury but not sold on Martin most of the time he comes off the field on passing downs. Really need someone who can run the ball and is a good receiver.

Last edited:
Do you spend a bunch of money on Jeffery after he was suspended four games? Seems pretty risky obviously they can use him just comes down to whether you can trust him. Hoping they are in the market and don't think Vincent Jacksonian the answer. He is still hanging around the team. RB might be a luxury but not sold on Martin most of the time he comes off the field on passing downs. Really need someone who can run the ball and is a good receiver.

Na. I wouldn't want them to overspend. Winston and Evans are going to command a lot of cap money and you don't want to lose either of them. Having him would be great but I don't think it is realistic.

They do need to sign a decent #2 wr though.

Do you spend a bunch of money on Jeffery after he was suspended four games? Seems pretty risky obviously they can use him just comes down to whether you can trust him. Hoping they are in the market for a receiver and don't think Vincent Jackson is the answer. He is still hanging around the team. RB might be a luxury but not sold on Martin most of the time he comes off the field on passing downs. Really need someone who can run the ball and is a good receiver.
Nice thing is that's something that can and will probably be used in context negotiations. Obviously don't overspend, but they've got to do something. I like Humphrey in the slot. He's serviceable.

Agree on Martin. Didn't really like that contact they gave him.

Jesus, dude. Now Cris Collinsworth is against Florida State and Jameis? It never ends with you guys. When Jameis deserved it, he gave him plenty of props. Unfortunately, Jameis (and the Bucs as a whole) played horribly for most of that game, and could have very easily been blown out.
Collinsworth has always been anti Jameis. You must be new to football watching. Welcome. Listening to that game I would conclude Dallas won by 50. In actuality it came down to the last two possessions. Was I watching a different game?

He looked exactly like he looked in many games for us in 2014, but came up short last night.

He looked exactly like he looked in many games for us in 2014, but came up short last night.
He's not nearly as good as everyone on here makes him out to be. Definitely has the leadership qualities and strong arm but there is so much more to it than that. When you watch the really great ones like Brady and Rogers spin it basically on a dime you can see how far Winston is from that. However, he's still very young and as mentioned already, plays for a crappy team. I would love to see him play with an OL like the Cowboys have though still not sure he would be better than Prescott.

He's not nearly as good as everyone on here makes him out to be. Definitely has the leadership qualities and strong arm but there is so much more to it than that. When you watch the really great ones like Brady and Rogers spin it basically on a dime you can see how far Winston is from that. However, he's still very young and as mentioned already, plays for a crappy team. I would love to see him play with an OL like the Cowboys have though still not sure he would be better than Prescott.

Haha you just asked if he would be better than Prescott...Prescott was not pressured but 1 time all night. Prescott would suck on the Bucs.

Jamies is having a better 2 first years than Manning and many greats.

Collinsworth has always been anti Jameis. You must be new to football watching. Welcome. Listening to that game I would conclude Dallas won by 50. In actuality it came down to the last two possessions. Was I watching a different game?
It did come down to the last couple of possessions but the game was dominated by Dallas. That game could of, probably should have been a blow out. Glad my boys won. Way closer than it should have been.

Haha you just asked if he would be better than Prescott...Prescott was not pressured but 1 time all night. Prescott would suck on the Bucs.

Jamies is having a better 2 first years than Manning and many greats.
Like I said I'm not sure. You're assuming if Prescott were pressured then he would be worse than Jameis. I tend to agree which is why I said I'd like to see him with a better OL. But for now we're just assuming.

Tom Brady has looked like trash when his offensive line falls apart.

Jameis is dealing with those circumstances 24/7. Hard to get into a groove when you're getting smashed every other play.

Prescott would be laughed at behind the Bucs line.

As a new bandwagon Bucs fan I'm pretty disappointed in that loss.

Don't see them winning the division now. Can only hope for the wildcard.

Bottom line on that game, Jameis had two chances for the game winning drive and they simply got dominated by #95.

I've never seen him play before, holy moly. That guy is a monster.

Tom Brady has looked like trash when his offensive line falls apart.

Jameis is dealing with those circumstances 24/7. Hard to get into a groove when you're getting smashed every other play.

Prescott would be laughed at behind the Bucs line.

True. Jameis is doing fine. Too amped last night for too much of the night. Offensively, Dallas demonstrated what the Bucs lack.

Reactions: Tlb06
True. Jameis is doing fine. Too amped last night for too much of the night. Offensively, Dallas demonstrated what the Bucs lack.

I think he plays like that a lot, sometimes he needs to just settle down. That's why the hurry up works you don't think as much you just execute. Although it is hard to be calm when you have no running game and no protection.

isports_irving-breakout-1-407x320.jpg

1250991947631.jpg

No he isn't Take off the garnet and gold glasses

Jameis played like crap. Complete crap and deserved every bit of criticism he got.

That headbutt was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Jameis misses high too much and is Extremely inaccurate throwing downfield. The guy is young. Ill give him that but next year should show if he is a franchise QB or not.

Mariota is doing good things and Derek Carr even though a year more experience is as well. If Jameis cant match these guys by next season he just doesn't have it.

TB won't b good until Koetter realizes Winston is their best player and he either wins the game or loses the game...Martin is garbage and shuld run only on occasion
While I agree Tampa can't turn it over to Jameis alone because the pass blocking is so bad and they've got limited weapons outside. Despite the poor stats and some misses tonight Jameis is the unquestioned heart and soul of that offense

No he isn't Take off the garnet and gold glasses

Jameis played like crap. Complete crap and deserved every bit of criticism he got.

That headbutt was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Jameis misses high too much and is Extremely inaccurate throwing downfield. The guy is young. Ill give him that but next year should show if he is a franchise QB or not.

Mariota is doing good things and Derek Carr even though a year more experience is as well. If Jameis cant match these guys by next season he just doesn't have it.

Spoken like a person yapping and not watching the games?

Who is 2, 3, and 7 in NFL Rushing offense and who is 21? That's right, Tennessee, Dallas, and Oakland, with Tampa Bay a lagging 21. Tampa Bay's running game and protection stinks. Jameis, after a relatively poor showing last night (not crap, he threw the bucs into the lead last night before his O line collapsed), is 10th in NFL total QBR in his second year, ahead of both Carr and Mariota, behind Prescott. Prescott and Mariota, behind massive offensive lines and running games, don't even try to drive the ball down the field and they throw from pristine pockets. (I saw Mariota every snap the last two weeks against Denver and Kansas City. He NEVER has to drive the ball downfield and he never sees the pressure Jameis sees every snap. Tennessee lives and dies with Murray and Henry pounding it downhill). Jameis has to drive it down the field (while limiting turnovers) to give the Bucs any chance. Carr drives the ball downfield behind that running game (Latavius Murray and Jalen Richard) but has two studs on the outside, Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree. He too throws from a pristine pocket which, again, Jameis never sees.

Jameis is a work in progress, but is rapidly improving and has the Bucs legitimately challenging for a play off spot in his second year with one outstanding NFL wide out, a less than average offensive line and stiffs at RB, as both Martin and Sims have spent the year hurt. He's challenging to be the all time NFL leader in yds passing after 2 seasons. NFL players are adults and don't rally around a stiff, as the Bucs are doing with Jameis.

Extremely inaccurate? Mariota has completed 62 percent of his passes for 3300 yds. Jameis, 61 percent for 3600 yds, with a higher QBR against a (much) tougher schedule defensively. Look it up. Carr has 3700 yds at 63 per cent with the lowest QBR of the group, by far. That's right, Jameis has the highest total QBR among the three. Prescott, hugged by the supremely talented Dallas oline and skill ( Elliott, Bryant, Witten and Beasley could start for TB, right?) is the outlier.

BTW, All 4 guys are good young QB's, the brightest young lights the NFL offers at the position.

Tampa Bay earned their way onto primetime Sunday night and flexed into the late afternoon schedule riding Jameis' productivity and leadership. Sunday's game was the 2nd most watched game of the Sunday Night schedule to date.

Don't bring that weak Garnett and Gold glasses stuff in here. You're not watching enough football to know what you're talking about. And you're wrong.

Jameis is doing just fine. He totally "has it."

And yes, I'm a fan. I have a brain, however, and I watch the games.

Last edited:
Kinda funny when people say "they are still the Bucs" those Bucs own a World Championship. There's a lot of teams that can't make that statement. They will win another one under Jameis and way before many who have never won one.

Not sure what Winston's upside potential may be, but he hasn't yet developed the discipline needed to manage a game. His turnovers are killing any chance the Bucs have of winning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT