ADVERTISEMENT

Children's Tumor Foundation

Dad2ze

Walk-on
Feb 8, 2012
If this is forbidden, I'll understand...long time reader but even a longer time growing up a Noles football fan.

Will you give me $1 if I take off my pants?
Will you donate to my Cupid's Undie Run fundraising efforts?
Donate here: http://my.cupids.org/BradStikeleather
A bit more on what I'm doing...
So I signed up for this event called Cupid's Undie Run. Yeah, it's just like it sounds. I'll be running around... in public... in my undies... in the middle of February.
No, I didn't lose a bet. Why do you ask?

I'm doing this because 1 in 3,000 children are born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis (NF). My daughter being one of them. It causes tumors to grow non-stop on the nervous system, often causing deafness, blindness, disabilities and debilitating pain. You know what's even worse? There is no cure and frighteningly few treatment options.

...so I'm on a mission to get some "exposure" for NF research, if you catch my drift. I'll do whatever it takes, even if that means stripping to my skivvies and risking hypothermia and/or never running for office!

Last year we raised over $2.8 Million in donations that went towards the Children's Tumor Foundation and NF research, but there's still a funding gap that needs to be addressed. With your help, we can help bring new treatments to light for the 2 million worldwide battling NF.

Whether it be $5, $50 or $5,000... all donations help and go a long way toward helping those in need. Oh yeah, and they're tax-deductible, too.

You can read some of the stories here - http://www.cupidsundierun.com/info/nf-champions/

Here's the link one last time: http://my.cupids.org/BradStikeleather

Many thanks,
Brad

Donations to Cupid's Undie Run benefit The Children's Tumor Foundation.
The Children's Tumor Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a 4-Star Charity Navigator rating. CTF prides itself on efficiency, spending 82.4% of its revenue on program expenses and less than 8% on administrative costs.

Come on, guys. This isn't someone asking for money to send their kid to Disney World.

Sorry to hear that and hope your daughter does ok. My daughter got tested for this but so far so good.

Reactions: Dad2ze
So your first post is to beg for money? Lol good luck.
Begging??? I don't recall me begging for anything. I guess you need to read or can you read??? It's not like I set up a gofundme page. This is going to an organization that supports kids with tumors. I hope and pray if you don't have kids or you do, that they don't get this illness. Meanwhile, I'll pray for you and your family.

Begging??? I don't recall me begging for anything. I guess you need to read or can you read??? It's not like I set up a gofundme page. This is going to an organization that supports kids with tumors. I hope and pray if you don't have kids or you do, that they don't get this illness. Meanwhile, I'll pray for you and your family.

Sounds like a worthwhile cause, like many others out there. I have often donated to causes of posters on here who post about worthy causes, often with children or family members who have unfortunate illnesses and medical issues. That being said many of us here are like family or a community and have known each other for years. For those who would like to donate to this cause, that is great. I wish the best for your daughter and any other children with this or any other major medical problems. Unfortunately I have a limited amount of resources and will reserve donations, especially requests on this forum, to good causes affecting the loved ones of people I know and those who have regularly contributed to this community.

If you would like to contribute to this community, you are welcome to post here regularly. I will say that I am impressed already that you evoked one of the shortest posts I have ever seen our friend Tribe post. ;) I was expecting a dissertation on the history of neurofibromatosis and the particular shortcomings of the researchers to date in coming up with better treatment options, which inevitably would involve a complicated solution of obscure medications concocted in some type of sous vide preparation.

P.S., If you were a regular poster here, you would get that joke.

Seriously, good luck to your daughter and with your cause.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT