ADVERTISEMENT

Watch: Brooke Wyckoff on breast cancer battle, Paint it Pink game

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Brooke Wyckoff shared an update on her battle with breast cancer, Sunday's Paint it Pink game against No. 12 Notre Dame (noon on ACC Network) and more:

"It means a lot. It always does. This is obviously a cause and a fight that so many people are affected by. It’s really very dear to the women’s basketball community and has been for years. But it is obviously a little more personal for me now. I’m just excited, not only for the game, but for the opportunity and to hopefully make an impact financially to support TMH and also just to show the support that this community has, our women’s basketball program has for people that are fighting this disease."

"I was diagnosed in September and had surgery to take out the tumor. I’m going through preventative treatment, intermittent chemo treatments in hopes to prevent it from reoccurring. But doing great. Feeling really good. Just thankful for all of the support both from everyone at TMH and here at work in the community."

"I think it’s just a privilege to have something like this, to get up and do every day. This is what we all do as humans. We keep putting one foot in front of the other, just fighting, do what you have to do. My strength comes from just the support around me, people that have encouraged me. They’re with me, they love me. No matter what I can or can’t do. And that comes from the administration at Florida State. That comes from the team, that comes from my staff, my family, the community. … What a blessing to be in the middle of a basketball season just having to think about preparing for an opponent, an exciting opponent like Notre Dame, just to keep you moving forward."

Reactions: NoleLizards
Traveling back to Tallahassee today. (Have caught parts of the game on the radio.) Sounds like it's been a good game

Screen Shot 2024-02-11 at 1.11.55 PM.png

Man what a game. We struggle to score at end of game moments and we had plenty of opportunities to close this one out. This felt like the NCST game.

Not a bad loss but we could have really used this win.

Latson vs Hildago is gonna be fun for the next 2 years.

Man what a game. We struggle to score at end of game moments and we had plenty of opportunities to close this one out. This felt like the NCST game.

Not a bad loss but we could have really used this win.

Latson vs Hildago is gonna be fun for the next 2 years.
With 21 turnovers? Not a good loss ...

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
With 21 turnovers? Not a good loss ...
Make it 24 including the OTs.

Banghead GIF by Ant Hodges

Reactions: JonScott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT