ADVERTISEMENT

Cigar smokers

87michael87

Freshman
Jul 31, 2015
Need some good recommendations. I’ve always stuck to rocky Patel’s and Alec Bradley. Does anyone here have any good recommendations of any others that are reasonably priced

Swisher. Sweet.
Need some good recommendations. I’ve always stuck to rocky Patel’s and Alec Bradley. Does anyone here have any good recommendations of any others that are reasonably priced

Southern Draw - AJ Fernandez - Drew Estates. Lots of great choices. Love La Liga Privada 9 by DE New World by AJ. Jacob’s Ladder by SD.

Reactions: 87michael87
How often do you smoke and how much are you looking to spend?

If you are looking to buy a box so you have 20 on hand, I recommend La Perla Habana Black Pearl. They are 90+ rated and you can get them for about $4 a stick if you buy a box ($80).

If you want something high end, my favorite is the Comacho Diploma. About a $25 smoke if you buy them singularly. About $400 for a box of 18. But you know where the extra money is going.

If you are looking for something along the lines of Rocky Patel, then I agree with the above. Oliva Series V is good. Arturo Fuente and Mr Brownstone are also decent choices.

If you are a new cigar smoker go with the common Arturo Fuente brands or Monte Cristo. They are mild. but good smokes. If you want a bolder cigar look for Camocho Liberty series. They use some pre-embargo cuban tobacco. If you are a connoisseur try to find some Greycliffe's or Davidov's. Don Pepin is a good manufacturer. They make the My Father among others.

Reactions: FireNole3
If you are a new cigar smoker go with the common Arturo Fuente brands or Monte Cristo. They are mild. but good smokes. If you want a bolder cigar look for Camocho Liberty series. They use some pre-embargo cuban tobacco. If you are a connoisseur try to find some Greycliffe's or Davidov's. Don Pepin is a good manufacturer. They make the My Father among others.

I'm just entering the world of cigars, so I appreciate all of the responses too.

Keep em coming!!

Padron is a good brand! It's a little pricey for some of the boxes, 20 cigars for $550

Smoking a Wiseman Maduro by foundation cigars right now. Delicious stick. Anything made by steve saka of Dunbarton tobacco and trust is good. Roma craft Neanderthal is good . Padron is my favorite though . I love the 64 maduro exclusivo and Soberano. Also the 1926 no 90 maduro is fnatastic

COVID has hit the cigar industry pretty hard. Lot of things are backordered to kingdom come. Factories shut down & then there was a spike in sales because people weren’t working, so they were enjoying more cigars. Some company factories are working doubles & weekends to catch up.

Right now I have a box my in-laws gave me of Padron Special releases 40th anniversary 6.50 x 54. They are Nicaraguan full strength with Maduro wrapping
Oh Yeah thats one of the special occasion sticks. I had it once and it didnt really wow me . Now the 80th Maduro was amazing. Try one of them if you havnt. I have a 50th anniversary resting now for a special occasion

I really just started smoking them the past year. Prior to that it was always a drunk cigar with the boys, but I wouldn’t say I appreciated what I was smoking.

my favorites so far are the Oliva Gilberto and the San Cristobal.

love the thread!

Honestly it’s really hard to suggest something without knowing exactly which lines you like within those brands you mentioned. If you’re more specific I can def throw a few your way OP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT