ADVERTISEMENT

Football Continue to be impresssed with FSU Newcomers

JerryKutz

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 3, 2022
On Wednesday, Florida State gave the media access to four newcomers who each exhibited the qualities we've become accustomed to seeing in Mike Norvell recruited players. OL Jacob Rizy, a Harvard graduate, RB Micahi Danzi, DB Ricky Knight III and WR Elijah Moore were comfortable at the podium, answered questions thoughtfully and thanked the media afterwards for their time and interest. After the interviews Bob and I spent some time with Ryals Lee, who works in athletics, about the quality of the people who are attracted to FSU and he verified our instinct about the type of person Norvell has been bringing in.
Ryals was a photographer for the Osceola 40 years ago so we have a similar reference point.
With no disrespect to the freshmen back then, it certainly appears to me that the prospects we are interviewing each week are more comfortable with the media today than they were four decades ago. I don't know if this is a national trend among prospects or whether Mike is laser focused on these qualities but every kid we've interviewed the last couple years looks you in the eye and represents themselves and their family well.
Maybe its due to all the media prospects today are exposed to in high school, with social media, and with all the 7 on 7 camps and other recruiting exposure. Maybe its because we are seeing more kids whose parents attended college and have helped to prepare them, many of those parents themselves with a collegiate athletic experience.
I'm not sure why these kids are so well prepared but we thought you might take some pride and satisfaction in knowing the quality of people choosing to play for your university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News