ADVERTISEMENT

Covid spike in Tally

SemiNo.1e

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2003
THIS is why we can’t have nice things.
No tailgating. No packed stands. And if it continues, no classes at all.

THIS is why we can’t have nice things.
No tailgating. No packed stands. And if it continues, no classes at all.

Not sure why they are trying to freak people out other than selling airtime. But even with that "spike" which doesn't have any hospitalizations, you are looking at .02 positivity rate. If they were testing for the flu it would be higher.

They are at a 7.3% POSITIVE rate (which is not bad). So what? That headline is written like most every other thing today, so you click and make a big deal out of it.

And they didn't go from 129 on Sunday, to 800 today. They are only updating weekly... So 129 was last Sunday, a week ago, in the first or second week of testing...

With this tweet, we are being ridiculed nationally for not starting random testing til Sep 14th.

I read that schools that report Hospitalizations from COVID are showing a grand total of ZERO college students in the hospital with covid..... ZERO.
Like with almost all ailments, young people’s immune systems are pretty resilient in fighting covid. The problem is that college students don’t only interact with other college students. The come into contact with professors, lunch ladies, janitors, administrators, etc. who are far more likely to be hospitalized. So the point is to try to lessen the spread to those people.

Who gives a crap. I can’t stand listening to these COVID positive test numbers. The media makes it sound like OMG positive test ....everybody hide. We are all doomed !!!

While we are starting random testing next week, testing has been available for students for a few weeks now. They act like FSU has been doing no student testing at all, which is not true.

Reactions: MobileAlNole
While we are starting random testing next week, testing has been available for students for a few weeks now. They act like FSU has been doing no student testing at all, which is not true.
No, they’re saying the cases are clearly underreported.

Reactions: rowdienole
What does “random” test even mean? Like do you have to take the test? Seems instrusive.

Kids are always gonna be kids. This is the norm at every school in the country that has re-opened. If one or two football players decides to head to one of these parties then the whole team will have it and 2 or more games will be canceled. It’s gonna happen everywhere this season.

What does “random” test even mean? Like do you have to take the test? Seems instrusive.
According to the email we received they're going to start testing asymptomatic students, faculty, and staff who have a physical presence on campus. Those chosen randomly will receive an alert and be required to take the test at the Civic Center.

It's part of FSU's SAFER program in conjunction with the Dept of Health. They said their goal is to test 5-10% of those who are on campus daily with the hope of being better able to respond to infection outbreaks.

I read that schools that report Hospitalizations from COVID are showing a grand total of ZERO college students in the hospital with covid..... ZERO.

Yes. We have had a similar spike. We get a report daily in College Station Tx about the total number of cases and how many were age 18-24. 80-95% of the total is in that age group. Yet no growth whatsoever in hospital admissions during this growth spurt.

Reactions: MobileAlNole
Even the CDC admitted that only 9,600+ deaths were solely Covid caused and nothing else. Not the huge 160,000+ number which has been reported - most of which included some other major underlying health problem.

This is NO worse than the flu. It needs to not be treated as worse than the seasonal flu (which can be deadly, but does not warrant shutting anything down.

Wake me up when they control the false positives. I'm so sick of social media. I have a friend that is a nurse who told me they were asked to trial the rapid test. They were sent a box of 15. They decided to just run the test through and not adminster them to anyone. 10 out of the 15 test came back positive BEFORE EVEN BEING USED ON A PATIENT. I don't believe a word that is out there in the media right now regardless of the subject, but specifically anything to do with this virus.

Like with almost all ailments, young people’s immune systems are pretty resilient in fighting covid. The problem is that college students don’t only interact with other college students. The come into contact with professors, lunch ladies, janitors, administrators, etc. who are far more likely to be hospitalized. So the point is to try to lessen the spread to those people.
Simple solution: If you have pre existing conditions stay online.

Reactions: GbrNole
If you want to know about Florida stats including Leon County, here's a good link:
www.flacoronavirustracker.com

Unbiased, data only from the Florida Health Department. Shows day by day infections, hospitalizations, positive, negative results, etc. You can see the trends very easily. Leon county is showing 29% positive results from recent testing. That and the recent surge won't bode well for having fans this Saturday. Here's hoping we can still attend.

I'll be at the stadium with a mask on. Hoping to see lots of others but I'm doubtful.

To me it's not about those that are currently getting infected by disregarding the simple common sense rules, but those that THEY will infect. Largest age group showing positive is 18-24 and that directly relates to school coming back. Wonder how many went home for the holiday and possibly infected their older relatives.

Also, FWIW, I'm a Republican and am trying to stay safe. I could believe the "hoax" and "political" hype if it was just here in the US. But this is a world wide crisis and by the way we are going we'll be stuck like this for at least another year.

Trump doesn't display any empathy for wearing masks and Biden says he'll implement a nationwide mask requirement. Going to an interesting result when the dust settles. Of course that depends on how long it takes to count all the votes!
weird the link you posted shows lower tests results the last 2 days..

Even the CDC admitted that only 9,600+ deaths were solely Covid caused and nothing else. Not the huge 160,000+ number which has been reported - most of which included some other major underlying health problem.

This is NO worse than the flu. It needs to not be treated as worse than the seasonal flu (which can be deadly, but does not warrant shutting anything down.
You’re factually wrong. It’s insane to me people aren’t understanding this study. Everyone knew healthy young people aren’t really being affected by this. That study or release of stats is just confirming that 94% of deaths had a comorbidity, which isn’t remotely surprising. If you’re under the age of 60 and aren’t overweight or have heart disease you probably don’t have much to worry about as it pertains to this virus. I thought we all knew this? That being said, it’s a helluva lot more lethal than the flu. The people who die from the flu aren’t healthy young people either, it’s the same types of people who die from complications of the flu but with COVID they’re dying at MUCH higher rates. We’ll be close to 250k by time the vaccine is readily available. That’s 4x what you’d see in a bad flu season.

A guy I know was with his son in line a couple weeks waiting to get tested because the son was showing some minor symptoms. One of his truck drivers was involved in a minor accident so they had to leave immediately without getting tested. About a week later they received a letter saying they had tested positive. I’ve read stories about this happening but this was a first it happened to someone I actually know. It wasn’t but a month ago those Florida testing locations were “found” to have a near 98% positive rate which was a lie. The news still ran with it. I’m sorry but I am to the point where I don’t believe any of these percentages anymore. I know I am not the only one because 30a was packed out this past weekend with very few people wearing masks ect.

That is not an accurate recapitulation of what the CDC said.

It is explained here:

I check every Monday, just like I do every day for Mobile County. Maybe they don't have the resources, or maybe their testing protocol doesn't allow it. I'm sure they are monitoring numbers more often.

Do we know if players are taking only online classes? Also do we know what percent of the team has already tested positive? i was shocked to hear Purdy already had it.

Wait until people from hot spots begin to travel to college towns to party for football games. I’m hoping we can get a solid amount of games in but it won’t be shocking to see a couple of cancellations.

We are at least 7 months into this thing, I think everyone would be surprised at how many have been exposed already that you do not know about if we could factually know the number.

Not sure why they are trying to freak people out other than selling airtime. But even with that "spike" which doesn't have any hospitalizations, you are looking at .02 positivity rate. If they were testing for the flu it would be higher.
EXACTLY, but don't bother posting facts. Fearmongering and overreaction are the norm...

Reactions: Noles_FSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT