ADVERTISEMENT

Current situation at TMH

That is a totally illogical position to take. You can't just say you had no issues so it's no big deal. It is true most won't have big issues, but it's absolutely clear we are seeing a lot of otherwise healthy folks getting bad cases of the virus and ending up in the hospital or at home for weeks or months.

I can't believe you actually think because you had an easy case with Covid, that means it's simple for everyone who gets it. I mean, I can't even process that.

Stats and my personal experience with friends lately strongly suggests that the vaccine is a big help. I know ZERO folks who have been sick enough even for hospital after vaccinated. I know more than a dozen unvaxxed who have been sick enough to be in hospital and/or down for a month or more. Happy none have died, but you can't ignore that impact on folks.

My case wasn't easy. It was a really intense cold/fever. I experienced tiredness, aches/pains, loss of smell and taste, the whole nine yards. But I never had to go to the hospital. I stayed home and battled it.

Ok, you know a LOT of folks can't just do that? In fact many of the really bad cases are because people tried to wait out at home and then it was too late? I get your points on a lot of this, but it's just not rational to try to extend your experience to everyone. It's not different than someone who lost a perfectly healthy 40 year old who says everyone is going to die from it.

Glad you did not have it worse. I was clearly lucky when I had it because it was nothing.

Reactions: GbrNole
i know only six people that had delta. none were hospitalized but the two that had the worst time of it were the ones that decided to just ride it out. fortunately pneumonia hadn't set in for either and they responded quickly once they did see a doc to a combo of prednisone, zithromax, high dose vitamin C, D and zinc.

one of them suffers terribly from RA and she was the most resistant to seeing a doctor.

all anecdotal and solely my experience.

My son, a 23 year old, fully vaccinated, collegiate track and cross country runner is suffering from covid right now. He is quite literally in perfect health. He ran 15 miles on Saturday at a sub 7 minute pace, then was down with a fever, cough, no sense of smell or taste and very, very run down on monday. If he can get it, anyone can.

Be careful and get vaccinated.

My son, a 23 year old, fully vaccinated, collegiate track and cross country runner is suffering from covid right now. He is quite literally in perfect health. He ran 15 miles on Saturday at a sub 7 minute pace, then was down with a fever, cough, no sense of smell or taste and very, very run down on monday. If he can get it, anyone can.

i hope he feels better soon. did he see his doctor?

Reactions: goldmom and ChiefWB

🙏❤️

Reactions: goldmom
Not rubbing it in, but this virus is not as dangerous as everyone is making it out to be and the people who are at risk are the ones that need to take precautions... no one else.
Ignorance is bliss. You are completely clueless and talking out your ars. Show some friggin' respect and decency to someone who just lost a friend. What is wrong with you? Now go fix your face.

It’s crazy, but now our younger son, who is a freshman at the same school and also runs for them (his first college meet was supposed to be tomorrow) has tested positive too. He is also fully vaccinated.
On a positive note, our older son is feeling a lot better.

It’s crazy, but now our younger son, who is a freshman at the same school and also runs for them (his first college meet was supposed to be tomorrow) has tested positive too. He is also fully vaccinated.
On a positive note, our older son is feeling a lot better.
glad to hear your older son is doing better. hoping for the very best for your younger son too!

i know only six people that had delta. none were hospitalized but the two that had the worst time of it were the ones that decided to just ride it out. fortunately pneumonia hadn't set in for either and they responded quickly once they did see a doc to a combo of prednisone, zithromax, high dose vitamin C, D and zinc.

one of them suffers terribly from RA and she was the most resistant to seeing a doctor.

all anecdotal and solely my experience.
We got delta. Doctors told us we had to go to the hospital to get non OTC treatment. That wasn’t acceptable, nor was riding it out on Tylenol, zinc and vitamins, so we looked elsewhere and got the antibody treatment. I was bad for 2 days, wife for a week. Both felt better within 48 hrs of antibody treatment (though treatment preceded my feeling “bad”). Spoke with doctor relative after receiving antibody treatment. She said she wouldn’t have recommended that for us, would’ve prescribed steroids and sent us home. Biggest thing is monitoring oxygen levels. If it drops below 90, get to the hospital. Otherwise, steroids, rest, zinc, fluids should work.
She also said all icu covid patients are lying on stomach because “covid is uniquely positional for oxygen levels and lying on stomach is the best way to elevate oxygen levels for covid patients”

Reactions: GbrNole
She also said all icu covid patients are lying on stomach because “covid is uniquely positional for oxygen levels and lying on stomach is the best way to elevate oxygen levels for covid patients”
Proning is not well studied but it has worked so far for COVID patients to reduce the need for ventilators. The benefit is mostly mechanical as far as I'm aware, and I'm not sure how much of it would have to do with the infection itself. But what do I know, I'm not a doctor.

Reactions: GbrNole and SteveT1
Proning is not well studied but it has worked so far for COVID patients to reduce the need for ventilators. The benefit is mostly mechanical as far as I'm aware, and I'm not sure how much of it would have to do with the infection itself. But what do I know, I'm not a doctor.
Yeah, her comment was basically - if oxygen levels begin to fall, change positions. If it doesn't improve after several attempts, go to the hospital. Otherwise, ride it out at home.

Wish I had reached out to her prior to getting the antibody treatment. Would have done things differently. Would've asked for a steroid prescription. Her comment on monoclonal antibody treatment was: If you're in a vulnerable group and just tested positive with 0-minor symptoms, it's great. Otherwise, you're throwing antibodies into the fight with natural antibodies and that can make things more difficult in the near term. Think that's what happened with me.

Reactions: GbrNole and Dhersh
I got my booster today. Just walked into Walmart. Waited 10 minutes. :)
For those that got the booster, any special requirements? Not asking about personal health info, just trying to see how to go about getting it. Thanks

For those that got the booster, any special requirements? Not asking about personal health info, just trying to see how to go about getting it. Thanks
All that was required from me (in AL) was the six month time frame required from my last vaccine; mine was 2/27/21. It wasn't an age or employment (healthcare) thing. They just simply looked at my shot record. As of now, just over 1 mil have had the booster. There has been some confusion between eight months to six months which is relatively new (last two weeks?) and there has been some discussion of lowering the time frame to five months. Got my booster at a local Walmart without even needing an appointment. No worries. :) Take Care!

Last edited:
All that was required from me (in AL) was the six month time frame required from my last vaccine; mine was 2/27/21. It wasn't an age or employment (healthcare) thing. They just simply looked at my shot record. As of now, just over 1 mil have had the booster. There has been some confusion between eight months to six months which is relatively new (last two weeks?) and there has been some discussion of lowering the time frame to five months. Got my booster at a local Walmart without even needing an appointment. No worries. :) Take Care!
Thanks, I appreciate the info. You too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT