ADVERTISEMENT

Dear, New Orleans..

Spent this weekend in Uptown. I know some people don't care for NOLA, but I love that place. The neighborhood bars and hole in the wall restaurants are the best. My friends just moved back, so I will get to spend some time there.

My only real complaint is the really really horrible roads. I think I will need to replace my shocks soon:

Reactions: fsuksig
I love New Orleans.

Last time I was there, I was there for 5 nights, for a business conference.

I had gumbo 8 times - 8 different ways...absolute heaven. Can't wait to go back.

Reactions: NolaNole9
I did too. Heading to New Orleans at the end of NOV and marked it in my notes. From their website it's a great call.

Nice. I go there 2-3 times a year. I really enjoy my time in New Orleans. How can I not since I saw us win a title there in '99? ;)

I couldn't imagine the heartbreak I'd feel if my hometown (Tallahassee) or the place where I grew up (Tampa) went through the same devastation.

My daughter and ex-wife lived in Arabi which is just a stones-throw from the Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans. Her house was COMPLETELY covered with water. My ex's entire extended family had evacuated to different cities except for grandpa.

A friend and I drove from Orlando to New Orleans to look for him in the middle of the night on day 3 after the storm. We found him wondering around his sons neighborhood on the Slidell side of Lake Ponchartrain close to the Mississippi state line. I will never forget the complete devastation over there. Unreal.
The year before we had went thru the trifecta storms in Orlando but it was NOTHING compared to that.

I remember driving down I-10 that night about 4:00 in the morning in the Biloxi/Gulfport area & the median was full off cars with people "camping out" because they had nowhere else to go. The smell of sewer was strong from the broken pipes in the city. Never forget that night.

I spend, on average, 5 to 7 nights there a month. Have a bit of a love/hate relationship. Dealing with the city and infrastructure can be extremely frustrating.

My daughter and ex-wife lived in Arabi which is just a stones-throw from the Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans. Her house was COMPLETELY covered with water. My ex's entire extended family had evacuated to different cities except for grandpa.

A friend and I drove from Orlando to New Orleans to look for him in the middle of the night on day 3 after the storm. We found him wondering around his sons neighborhood on the Slidell side of Lake Ponchartrain close to the Mississippi state line. I will never forget the complete devastation over there. Unreal.
The year before we had went thru the trifecta storms in Orlando but it was NOTHING compared to that.

I remember driving down I-10 that night about 4:00 in the morning in the Biloxi/Gulfport area & the median was full off cars with people "camping out" because they had nowhere else to go. The smell of sewer was strong from the broken pipes in the city. Never forget that night.

Did anyone watch the show ABC had on Sunday night with Robin Roberts? Interesting perspectives.
Side note on it - the Excecutive Producer, Nina Weinstein, is an FSU Film School Grad. She's been an executive producer for 60 Minutes, was also with A&E and Discovery for years - produced some outstanding documentaries for those networks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT