ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Rams trick the inexperienced Browns front office???

jim65

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2002
So RGIII has been available for a while now with little to no interest (think the Jets were his only visit), he has a good visit with Cleveland, so that's good. But Cleveland doesn't make a move right away, and then the Rams (who need a QB too) make a public statement about being interested, and Cleveland signs him the next day.

Now does this clear the way for the Rams to now pick up one of the QB's in the draft, or will Cleveland still draft a QB early in case RGIII can't be RGIII ever again?????

IMO, Cleveland still targets a QB at #2 (if they stay there), or perhaps maybe try to move down a few spots to say #8 (Philly) and still get a QB there. I'd be pretty surprised if Cleveland stays in the top 10 and doesn't draft a QB.

Mind you they just signed RGIII, when they could have easily traded for him in 2012 when they had the 2 1st round picks (to move up to #2) when Washington did just that.

My ultimate hope is that people at the top of the draft screw things up bad enough that Jalen falls to TB at 9. That will never happen and I don't see TB moving up to snag him, they have too many holes and need all the picks that they can manage.

I agree with your assessment that the Browns should still target a QB, but do they wait until Rd 2-3 for a Kevin Hogan, Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg type.

Feel bad for RG3, isn't Cleveland where all QBs go to die?

Browns-QB-graveyard-10-26-15.jpg

If he performs well, does he provide a stop gap so that they don't have to start a rookie. They can say all they want, but I still feel that Jameis has been the most pro ready QB (Luck is in the mix too), I don't see Wentz, Lynch, Goff or any of those guys starting day 1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT