ADVERTISEMENT

Did Willie Doom His Tenure at FSU in One Season

90 Nole

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Naples, FL
So follow me here...

Willie put together his staff, thought he had a fairly good team and mis-set some expectations with the fan base (question his evaluation of his team - how was he so wrong).

This season there was no segment that was good or even shows promise for the near term. So where are things now - recruit better players and get some new coaches - how?

Question: If you are a good segment coach what have you seen this season that would cause you to leave your current position for FSU - essentially, what is your sell message? Come and coach great players - no, we don't have those apparently and given the past seasons recruiting will have challenges. Come because we lots of resources - money, facilities, etc. - well, no. We are competitive but we don't run with the likes of TAMU, Bama, Clemson, etc. Come because we are building something that will be great in a few years - maybe but after this season, will Willie get 3 - 5 years to figure it out?

Essentially, I question whether Willie will be able to get the caliber of coaches he needs to turn this around. If he just gets what is available how will that be any different than what we have now?

EDIT: As I think about it, I did not consider staffs where head coaches get fired - that could certainly be a source

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News