ADVERTISEMENT

Dish Network $50/mo for two years...

Nole Lou

Seminole Insider
Apr 5, 2002
Damn, I cut the cord a while ago...but this has me thinking about getting back in on this. Cancelling Hulu+ and SlingTV would be almost $30 right there. Seems like a stupid good deal.

I've had Dish a couple times in the past and it always treated me well...are you current Dish customers satisfied?

Very satisfied with DISH. I've had Comcast, DirecTV and neither of them compare to DISH as far as customer service and giving you a good deal on a package. They really appreciate their loyal customers.

I often tell the story of Dish's Customer service...I had been with them for about two to three months when I received a call from them. I was confused as to why they were calling me from technical support...

Apparently my box(es) had reported back to them some signal problems and they wanted to send someone to look over all the wiring and boxes. I had not noticed any issues, including during some severe storms.

They sent a guy out and he went through the entire setup and tweaked a few things.

Long story short, tell me when Comcast or any other provider for that matter is going to provide that kind of customer service?

I dumped Dish two months ago when Comcast offered a similar deal-- 49 bucks for two years.

IMO dish was a rip off and I don't miss them-- everything cost extra and the prices kept going up. At the end I was paying $115 a month and still couldn't get magic games unless I purchased the NBA package (just an example). I get more for less with Comcast...

I dumped Dish two months ago when Comcast offered a similar deal-- 49 bucks for two years.

IMO dish was a rip off and I don't miss them-- everything cost extra and the prices kept going up. At the end I was paying $115 a month and still couldn't get magic games unless I purchased the NBA package (just an example). I get more for less with Comcast...

I see you have not had to deal with Comcast on the simplest of customer service issues.

I see you have not had to deal with Comcast on the simplest of customer service issues.

So far no complaints but I admit I haven't had to call but one time so far. And it went fairly well-- but yes, I've heard it's bad. However, still.. I'm saving $60 a month right now with it.

After 21 years with Directv I switched to Dish earlier this year. Love it. Saving money and can watch anything I want wherever I want with their sling technology.

I've got dish with the hopper with sling and 1 Joey. I have the top 120+. I called them and got them down on price. I pay about $46 per month after taxes. Got that price for 1 year. After a year I'll callback and get it lowered again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT