ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t think FSU was unfair......apparently neither does Jimmy Sexton....

JNolesFan

Star Player
Nov 9, 2019
This isn’t another one of those Willie Taggart commentaries. This is just an observation. I have an analytical mind and I’m fascinated by the inner workings of these deals, and I know we don’t have the ability to receive all the inside info, but usually the facts are laid out pretty quickly by the actions of all those involved.

Reading the interview this morning from President Thrasher, and all the things that we had heard up to this point, not only did FSU believe they needed to make the change, I’m pretty sure Jimmy Sexton knew as well. We don’t know what was happening behind the scenes, and I understand agents don’t do any bad mouthing in media and fears of ruining potential relationships down the road......... but the exit for Wille was quick......as painless as possible. The fallout lasted maybe a week, and there were only a handful of individuals that were trying to label it as unjustified. It reminded you of one of those quickie divorces, and everybody knew it was just over and all parties involved needed to move on.

The thing that sticks out to me, is that Mike Norvell is a Jimmy Sexton client. Obviously Norvell is his own man, and an agent will do whatever their client wants from them, but if Thrasher was so adamant that Norvell had his interest from the beginning, obviously the bridge between Sexton and FSU had not been burned. Honesty the negotiations on the Norvell contract was very fair for both parties, and it sounds like the negotiations on the buyout with Taggart will get resolved fairly. Who knows what was said behind the scenes, it just doesn’t appear that there is a contentious relationship between all the parties involved.

In Summary.....Basically Sexton knew what was going on.......... Knew Willie was going to get fired........Knew FSU was justified......... and I’m speculating that deep down he probably knew it needed to happen. He facilitated a quick transition from one of his clients to another and at no time did he bash FSU behind the scenes....... because if he did, the national commentators would’ve let it leaked.

Granted he makes even more money in the process..... but he’s a super agent, and he has so much political power in this field and he could’ve blackballed FSU from all of his clients. But he didn’t..........because he knew it had to be done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News