ADVERTISEMENT

Eclispe was pretty cool.

Someone turned the dimmer switch down in Florida for a bit but that's about all we saw here.

Someone turned the dimmer switch down in Florida for a bit but that's about all we saw here.
We had about 60% in Jacksonville. Neighbors took turns looking at it through one of those viewer things one of them had. The light got a little weird but it was still daylight.

I think it was just a slither near D.C.

I didn't have glasses so I didn't see it.
Watched it off my back deck. 95%. 3rd time I have seen a decent size eclipse. Didn't get totally dark, but close enough. Most schools are on spring break, but a few weren't, They let the kids out at noon. Why? Seemed like a good teaching moment. Whatever, different world now. Oh yea, the traffic coming up from Massachusetts was crazy. Worse than a Friday afternoon on a great ski weekend. Literally had 24 hours of backed up traffic. Not a single hotel room or B&B left in Vermont or New Hampshire.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Watched it off my back deck. 95%. 3rd time I have seen a decent size eclipse. Didn't get totally dark, but close enough. Most schools are on spring break, but a few weren't, They let the kids out at noon. Why? Seemed like a good teaching moment. Whatever, different world now. Oh yea, the traffic coming up from Massachusetts was crazy. Worse than a Friday afternoon on a great ski weekend. Literally had 24 hours of backed up traffic. Not a single hotel room or B&B left in Vermont or New Hampshire.
I honestly wouldn't have thought that last 5% would be much different, but it is. You could visibly see the light dim as the last of the sun got blocked and then you could look at the total eclipse with the naked eye as you couldn't see anything through the glasses. Temperature dropped about 5 degrees. You could see Neptune and Mercury.

Saw it at like 99%. We were right on the border of totality. It was cool. I thought I was really interesting that Jupiter and Venus were visible to the naked eye.

I didn’t have a clear view to see Jupiter but saw Venus.

The traffic here in the greater Cincinnati area was bananas.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT