ADVERTISEMENT

Everything But Sports Content

NoleWhereMan

Mar 29, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
I am receiving reports about the content posted in this forum. I have told DFS that the parameters for this forum should be as broad as possible without insulting each other or infringing on our rules about profanity or nudity.

This includes a modicum of political posts and related content. In today's society I feel our members have thoughts and views on a variety of topics they wish to express and discuss. This is where they come to speak their minds. Some of these posts and views are going to be contrary to some personal opinions and in those cases I encourage you to ignore the thread (and poster), avoid responding with posts that might create conflict and might lead to trouble. If you feel the need, please start your own thread with a different perspective.

Our goal remains to create a community, that means diverse opinions and thoughts will always be a part of our philosophy. I hope this helps.

Some of these posts and views are going to be contrary to some personal opinions and in those cases I encourage you to ignore the thread
No offense but what is the point of having a board like this without hashing out contrary opinions? The vast majority of disagreements are civil. And to be honest these sound like the same parameters that the last landlord laid out. I appreciate the effort to create a diverse community.

No offense but what is the point of having a board like this without hashing out contrary opinions? The vast majority of disagreements are civil. And to be honest these sound like the same parameters that the last landlord laid out. I appreciate the effort to create a diverse community.
I have no issue as long as the conversations remain civil, I am saying if the differences reach a point where a poster feels insults, name calling or vulgarity are necessary to express their point, it will be "strongly frowned on". My post was also to reiterate the policy for this forum, since it appears there is still a number of posters who are unaware of the parameters we have established here.

BTW the previous "landlord" is still banning posters every day for posting the exact same content we are encouraging here.

I have no issue as long as the conversations remain civil, I am saying if the differences reach a point where a poster feels insults, name calling or vulgarity are necessary to make their point, it will be strongly frowned on. Also my post was to reiterate the leniency we have allowed for this forum, since it appears there is still a number of posters who are unaware of the parameters we have established here.

BTW the previous "landlord" is still banning posters every day for posting the exact same content we are encouraging here.
Great. Thank you for clarifying.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Great. Thank you for clarifying.
We want everyone to feel they can speak their minds, express their opinions without the fear of retaliation, or censorship. We do have rules and we are very comfortable with the "self-policing" our community has used here.
My thanks to all of our members for proving that we do not need the extensive controls the previous site employed.

We want everyone to feel they can speak their minds, express their opinions without the fear of retaliation, or censorship. We do have rules and we are very comfortable with the "self-policing" our community has used here.
Can someone tell me what rule I broke that resulted in a mod repeatedly censoring my posts?
TIA

Reactions: seminoleed
It's probably the 1st rule of every message board in the word:

"Thou shalt not get under the skin of the a moderator too often."
Season 3 Drama GIF by PBS

Man, i could NEVER be a mod for one of these boards.
It’s a miserable job.
It doesn't have to be though. I really enjoyed moderating the old Locker Room. We had a family of posters who all understood and followed the rules. We had fun because that was the purpose of that board.
I fought to open up this one hoping to bring that atmosphere back. So far, we're not there but I still have hope.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be though. I really enjoyed moderating the old Locker Room. We had a family of posters who all understood and followed the rules. We had fun because that was the fun of that board.
I fought to open up this one hoping to bring that atmosphere back. So far, we're not there but I still have hope.
Just wish these boards had a % representation of left of center world views and values that was more in line with the mix of views in America today, as compared to what often seems like maybe 2 or 3 liberal voices for every 10 or 15 right of center and staunch conservatives on the boards (and I’m not even talking politics, but how that flavors so many conversations involving player, coach demographics/cultural issues in any way, our university's priorities, etc etc)

Even more glaring and greatly missed from these conversations are so many of the AA voices who have left altogether, given up posting or reduced their post frequency, and I’ve chatted with several who mentioned how exhausting it has become… “why subject ourselves to that?”

Not sure what can be done about that, and not asking for anything, just venting.

I moved to California to balance that dynamic for myself. :)
Bridge too far for me, and as a lifelong greedy capitalist, my world views are not so far left. But I do admire how you so fearlessly wade in and take all comers with no apologies and no waffling, knowing full well how most on the board are gonna act like you’re some kind of scary alien out to cancel them, zap all their rights and change their pronouns lol.
PS also too fanatical about college sports to drift too far away from the southeast

I think that now, since it was never allowed in any way, shape or form, some are putting too much in the threads that involve politics at the expense of the lighter threads. Hopefully, that ratio will change.
I see that but I wasn’t even referring just to the outright political stuff, or even something polarizing like “white privilege”, but just how the much more right leaning board makeup fuels a gang mentality when it comes to anything and everything that some like dumping into the “woke” box…
would be awesome if at least some of the excellent AA members who used to post here regularly would return.
I can understand though how exhausting and unwelcoming it would be to constantly read the tilt of so many of these threads and how any attempt to get ppl to look at things through a different colored lens is laughed outa the room.

It doesn't have to be though. I really enjoyed moderating the old Locker Room. We had a family of posters who all understood and followed the rules. We had fun because that was the purpose of that board.

Is it possible to find and invite old LR posters here?

Just wish these boards had a % representation of left of center world views and values that was more in line with the mix of views in America today, as compared to what often seems like maybe 2 or 3 liberal voices for every 10 or 15 right of center and staunch conservatives on the boards (and I’m not even talking politics, but how that flavors so many conversations involving player, coach demographics/cultural issues in any way, our university's priorities, etc etc)

Even more glaring and greatly missed from these conversations are so many of the AA voices who have left altogether, given up posting or reduced their post frequency, and I’ve chatted with several who mentioned how exhausting it has become… “why subject ourselves to that?”

Not sure what can be done about that, and not asking for anything, just venting.
You should visit hrot, many of us there are refugees from the bad days of the LR and there are a lot more varieties of opinions.

It's simple. I, along with several other posters, asked you to cite your sources. You instead chose to first be a smart ass and then a victim. Neither are acceptable choices.
You deleted my posts because I showed you how to get exactly what you wanted without ever having to even ask again and simply refused to do it for you? Is that a rule?
Who was playing victim, and of what exactly?
I’m sorry I hurt your feelings by saying it was lazy to ask someone else to do what you could readily do yourself.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
You deleted my posts because I showed you how to get exactly what you wanted without ever having to even ask again and simply refused to do it for you? Is that a rule?
I’m sorry I hurt your feelings by saying it was lazy to ask someone else to do what you could readily do yourself.
Complete fail. And faceplant.

And if I were a mod, this post would be your ticket to a vacation. It's clear you're doing this on purpose just to be an asshat.

Playing victim is not a good look. Especially for someone who thinks as highly of himself as you do.

I appreciate why DFS has not given you a warning or ban since he is active in this forum. I asked him to come back and moderate this forum because he did it for years in it's heyday and I have complete trust in every decision he makes here. On the other hand I have no skin in this game, no favorites, no prejudices. I said, and I quote:

If you message me (or DFS if it is in this forum) we can provide you with an explanation. However, we need to know which post you are referencing, private message me and ask but please do not use the forum to ask.

So you ignored my warning and if you challenge a moderator in a forum again, so there are no cry's of bias, I will personally issue your warning.

And if I were a mod, this post would be your ticket to a vacation. It's clear you're doing this on purpose just to be an asshat.

On this board and GIAHORT, (formerly HROT) there are three posters I completely ignore. He is one of them. I don't even use the ignore button. I have simply trained my mind to tune out anything that person says. Try it. You will be glad you did.

You tried to be a keyboard commando and failed. What's worse you cried about getting your hand slapped like you were the one getting picked on. If your going to post outlandish crap link the article. Its simple as you demonstrated with your smart ass post about google.

I am receiving reports about the content posted in this forum. I have told DFS that the parameters for this forum should be as broad as possible without insulting each other or infringing on our rules about profanity or nudity.

This includes a modicum of political posts and related content. In today's society I feel our members have thoughts and views on a variety of topics they wish to express and discuss. This is where they come to speak their minds. Some of these posts and views are going to be contrary to some personal opinions and in those cases I encourage you to ignore the thread (and poster), avoid responding with posts that might create conflict and might lead to trouble. If you feel the need, please start your own thread with a different perspective.

Our goal remains to create a community, that means diverse opinions and thoughts will always be a part of our philosophy. I hope this helps.
I completely support this post, as well as the other posts you posted in this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT