ADVERTISEMENT

Freefly isn't hardcore

So, is this him?

Skydiving1.jpg

That's nothing less than sadomasochism. You would think the bolts would need to be attached to bone.

I might try it if I had the opportunity.

It just seems like the initial jerk backwards when the parachute opens would rip those out of your back though. I'd need to know that those things were going to remain attached to my body.

I might try it if I had the opportunity.

It just seems like the initial jerk backwards when the parachute opens would rip those out of your back though. I'd need to know that those things were going to remain attached to my body.

You don't actually jerk backwards do you? I think that is just an optical illusion as the person filming is still going the initial rate and the person who deploys the chute just slows down a bit so it looks like a jerk on film...

You don't actually jerk backwards do you? I think that is just an optical illusion as the person filming is still going the initial rate and the person who deploys the chute just slows down a bit so it looks like a jerk on film...
Good question.

Having never been skydiving (but have always really wanted to) it seems to me that the initial opening of the parachute would slow your rate of descent pretty suddenly, and that's where the jerk backwards comes from. I get that it's not literally backwards, just rapidly going from 122mph to 20mph (or whatever the right speeds are). Seems like it would be a quick enough slow-down to remove those piercings from your back though.

Hopefully someone with more practical knowledge can say whether it's likely enough to rip those bolts out of your skin.

Seems like if you attached the chute to your Willie Johnson, you could accomplish two things at once: 1) You could claim that in your obituary; and 2) the tug upon opening will lengthen your.....length.......

Trust me, that's not me. I'm transitioning into actual adulthood smoothy. I have my 3rd training flight (as a pilot) this Saturday. Staying in the air, just not quite as edgy now.

My dad-bod is also progressing nicely.

I still jump, but really just enough to keep current.

Trust me, that's not me. I'm transitioning into actual adulthood smoothy. I have my 3rd training flight (as a pilot) this Saturday. Staying in the air, just not quite as edgy now.

My dad-bod is also progressing nicely.

I still jump, but really just enough to keep current.
So do you jerk backwards?

"Flexible and impressive". If this thread had back ground music, it would be cheesy be-bop jazz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT