ADVERTISEMENT

French Quarter Fest

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Looks like I will be in NOLA during the festival. Looks like a pretty good chill time. Anyone been? Good one to go to?

Originally posted by Fijimn:

Looks like I will be in NOLA during the festival. Looks like a pretty good chill time. Anyone been? Good one to go to?
I've been to NOLA about a Brazilian times but never for the French Quarter Fest. For the new Oyster Festival (which is great btw), several Jazzfests and a lot of different Mardi Gras celebrations....Yes!

My one tip would be to see Rebirth, they are the best stereotypical Modern day NOLA brass band.

My NOLA co-counsel told me that it is one of his favorites because the FQ is closed down to traffic, it's free and the food booths are really good. You basically just wonder around, eat, drink and listen to music. Sounds like a good time.

This is different than Jazz Fest? We have A deposition program in NOLA that ends on the Friday Jazz Fest starts. I bought tickets to give away to participants but I would love to be there for the Sunday that includes Buffett and Pitbull.

Originally posted by seminoledq:
This is different than Jazz Fest? We have A deposition program in NOLA that ends on the Friday Jazz Fest starts. I bought tickets to give away to participants but I would love to be there for the Sunday that includes Buffett and Pitbull.
Yeah they're unrelated. About two weeks apart from one another. Jazzfest has a mix of local and big national bands. FQFest is mainly (or all) local or at least regional bands.

I enjoy Jassfest a lot. The weather is usually awesome. The FQ fest looks a lot more chill--the various FZ restaurants set up food booths and drink booths.

In an interesting turn, looks like I'll be here for St. Paddy's Day. But most of my work is going to be in St. James and Assumption, but going to see if there is a little trouble to get into.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT