ADVERTISEMENT

Softball FSU rallies in sixth, takes down Chattanooga

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Florida State struggled to adjust to the change-up for most of the night. But in the sixth inning, the Seminoles identified it and drove in some much-needed runs.

Devyn Flaherty had a two-out triple to score the game-winning run as FSU rallied to take a 3-2 win over Chattanooga in the Tallahassee Regional on Friday evening.

If Sarah Willis is pitching again for UCF, be prepared for an excruciatingly slow game. Her delivery motion has about 10 steps to it, including a genuflect before throwing the ball. I think she's been effective because batters lose interest before she actually throws the ball.

If Sarah Willis is pitching again for UCF, be prepared for an excruciatingly slow game. Her delivery motion has about 10 steps to it, including a genuflect before throwing the ball. I think she's been effective because batters lose interest before she actually throws the ball.
Isn't there a time clock?

Isn't there a time clock?
Not really. There is a rule that says the pitcher has to separate their hands to start their pitch within 20 seconds but I haven't seen anyone called on it, so I don't know how closely that's watched. I know I was being sarcastic, but she truly is slow. Yesterday's UCF v Auburn game was 3 1/2 hours long.

Not really. There is a rule that says the pitcher has to separate their hands to start their pitch within 20 seconds but I haven't seen anyone called on it, so I don't know how closely that's watched. I know I was being sarcastic, but she truly is slow. Yesterday's UCF v Auburn game was 3 1/2 hours long.
It'll take the seniors keeping everyone focused against a very disciplined, experienced team.

Love them Lady Noles 🥎 :Go Seminoles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT