ADVERTISEMENT

FSU softball outlasts Washington to advance to Women's CWS Semifinals

CurtWeiler

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
Thanks to another strong pitching performance by Kat Sandercock, an exceptional defensive play by Josie Muffley and a few clutch hits, FSU softball beat Washington 3-1 Saturday night to advance to the Women's College World Series Semifinals. The first time in 12 trips to OKC that FSU has won its first two games.

It was an exciting and hard fought game. We made far more mental errors than usual but sometimes those are impacted by the play of your opponent. Our pitching was excellent under lots of pressure.
Well done, Noles…Let’s finish this.

I don't watch the games for one reason.

I am a jinx. I've known that since the season the team won the title.

I tuned in at one point last night right before Wash scored their one run. The announcers were talking how that 2-0 lead felt like 5-0. But now it didn't.

So I tuned out.

Then later I tuned in again just as Wash had a runner in scoring position. So I tuned out. That's when the game ending double play occurred.

So I will be taking one for the team and won't be watching on Monday either for that reason.

You're welcome.

I tuned in at one point last night right before Wash scored their one run. The announcers were talking how that 2-0 lead felt like 5-0. But now it didn't.

So I tuned out.

Then later I tuned in again just as Wash had a runner in scoring position. So I tuned out. That's when the game ending double play occurred.

So I will be taking one for the team and won't be watching on Monday either for that reason.

You're welcome.
Thank you for your sacrifice.

d

So I tuned out.

You're welcome.
Wow. Do you watch the full game on a replay? Or the condensed game on YouTube?

There were so many heroes in that game. Obviously Muffley and Flarherty, along with Kat, but Wacaser made 2 catches in right field that saved runs at critical moments. Hardings arm was like a howitzer and got 3 critical assists. Dack's key single.

We showed some vulnerability in the outfield and had a bad base running lapse. Somehow we weren't communicating or lost focus. But we have full day to sort that out.

Love them Lady Noles. 🥎 🏹

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT