ADVERTISEMENT

Gainesville should be popin today lol

One block from the Pantheon and read someone has a beef with Voltaire? The LR never fails :Face with Tears of Joy

What are the odds that Spencer's followers or people of that ilk have seen a vagina? Hot chicks just don't find nazis sexy.

And there are no hot nazi chicks. Think about it. Do you think that at any point in her life Marge Schott was hot?

Reactions: AleChief
Not sure where you gathered that I was on the side of folks who want to attack people expressing their freedom of speech.

By faulting the victims of their violence for having said unpleasant things.
Short skirt or tiki torch in public is asking for it, ja?

I'm on the side of every one of his cronies and followers being photographed, named and shamed out of their job.

What if someone just shows up to hear what is being said. What should the mob do to them? How does the mob distinguish?

Basically I'm just saying your "*sigh* it's sad people trying to express themselves have to fear for their safety" quote is naive, intentionally so i'd imagine.

If I'm naive for preferring freedom of speech, even repulsive speech, over violent mobs deciding what can and can't be said, so be it.

This guy tows a very careful line, dog whistling as much as possible without crossing into 'inciting violence' territory, but only an idiot would claim that's not what they intend. In fact it would be easier to argue that he's actually inciting a genocide.

So you've heard or read his speeches?

Reactions: cbailey284
The irony of the outrage is not lost on me btw...

By faulting the victims of their violence for having said unpleasant things.
Short skirt or tiki torch in public is asking for it, ja?

What if someone just shows up to hear what is being said. What should the mob do to them? How does the mob distinguish?

If I'm naive for preferring freedom of speech, even repulsive speech, over violent mobs deciding what can and can't be said, so be it.

So you've heard or read his speeches?
Sure thing man, it's almost like you ignore what I'm writing to make whatever random point you want to make, repeatedly. I'm not going down this never ending rabbit hole with you. If you want to argue semantics while ignoring reality, I'm sure there's someone else willing to do it. Enjoy.

Sure thing man, it's almost like you ignore what I'm writing to make whatever random point you want to make, repeatedly. I'm not going down this never ending rabbit hole with you. If you want to argue semantics while ignoring reality, I'm sure there's someone else willing to do it. Enjoy.

Just ignore him Bicardi

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Free beer to students who didnt attend was helpful I am sure.

For those of us in the upper Midwest and not privy to local news. Who is getting shut down?

Richard Spencer.

Best thing they can do is to pretend he is not there. Attention whores seek attention.
That's what he his, after running the course with the far left Occupy Wall Street he is now a far right con artist.

I suspect we will find people who wish to destabilize America are his financiers.

What are the odds that Spencer's followers or people of that ilk have seen a vagina? Hot chicks just don't find nazis sexy.

And there are no hot nazi chicks. Think about it. Do you think that at any point in her life Marge Schott was hot?

What about Helga?

article-2578834-1C3606CA00000578-991_634x782.jpg

Reactions: seminole72
Saw on Twitter there's a lot of people in attendance and the crowd is really giving it to him, but sounds like he's up on stage just loving the attention and notoriety.

I think "Don't feed the trolls" applies here.

Haven’t heard or seen any updates on what’s going on in G’ville, if anything.

Anyone else?
Seems like the speech didn't go anywhere, lots of chanting of "Orange...Blue...Orange... Blue" and "Let's go goaters, let's go". Seemed like he wasn't sure how to react b/c the chants weren't targeting him, which he thrives off of.

Generally I revile all things orange and blue or goater related, but this time around, I'll allow it. Clever way to disrupt but not feed him the hate he feeds on.

In the event this moron ever came to FSU I hope our students would just do the warchant at full blast for 60 mins nonstop.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Seems like the speech didn't go anywhere, lots of chanting of "Orange...Blue...Orange... Blue" and "Let's go goaters, let's go". Seemed like he wasn't sure how to react b/c the chants weren't targeting him, which he thrives off of.
That's exactly what I said above. Just make noise not related to anything he talks about. Just loud and drown out his speech.

So is he gone now with no violence and no one was hurt?

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
That's exactly what I said above. Just make noise not related to anything he talks about. Just loud and drown out his speech.

So is he gone now with no violence and no one was hurt?
I think the afternoon and evening in Gville may also be interesting. The Tikiboyz apparently plan on doing some flashmobs around town. Wonder if they've choreographed some dances.

Thus far seems like uf community has handled this fairly well, aside from not litigating his appearance further to begin with.

Or an empty building with no cameras or people.
I'd agree but human nature being what it is, seems unlikely.

orange/blue and let's go goaters are likely the two best options for those guys,... or the chomp thing they stole from jaws.

Hate has no skin color and no boarders. Even though the speakers of this event, the protesters and and some in this thread would vehemently disagree with. So few years on this planet to fill your souls with such foolishness.

Reactions: cmanole
It's like, actually Mr. Tikidouche, this might be the only time I've ever been proud of the goaters...

Reactions: TC Nole OX
What kind of refreshments did they serve? That is one of the most important things in determining how the crowd will react. If they served nothing but white bread finger sandwiches, I could see how things would not go well. If they offered a wide variety of refreshments that appealed to many different people, then I think things would be fine.

One geography professor emailed his students a warning that was later picked up and sent out on the student email listserv.

"FYI, I just walked into Turlington 10 minutes ago, and there were armed Aryan Brotherhood militia circling the building. It feels like they are testing how much they can get away with, openly carrying weapons," he wrote.

But as the news spread on campus and social media, it turned out that the oddly dressed men were actually Florida state troopers sent to keep the peace.

One geography professor emailed his students a warning that was later picked up and sent out on the student email listserv.

"FYI, I just walked into Turlington 10 minutes ago, and there were armed Aryan Brotherhood militia circling the building. It feels like they are testing how much they can get away with, openly carrying weapons," he wrote.

But as the news spread on campus and social media, it turned out that the oddly dressed men were actually Florida state troopers sent to keep the peace.
Is that for real? That sounds made up.

Is that for real? That sounds made up.

Link

Rumors of ‘armed Aryan brotherhood militia’
9: a.m.: A professor in UF’s geography department emailed his students Wednesday afternoon to be careful with Spencer in town. It was picked up by the department and sent out on a student email listserv just after 4 p.m.

“FYI,” the professor wrote, “I just walked into Turlington 10 minutes ago, and there were armed Aryan Brotherhood militia circling the building. It feels like they are testing how much they can get away with, openly carrying weapons.”

The screenshot quickly spread to social media and students panicked. It took some time before students started to connect the dots. The professor was referencing a crowd of armed men in khaki long-sleeved shirts and black boots. But a closer look at their shirts identified them as Florida troopers, some of the hundred patrolling campus by Wednesday afternoon.

Alachua County opened a rumor control hotline at 311 to address this and other rumors, including a debunked claim of a noose found on a tree on campus. There are so many rumors flying that police have said they will not address them individually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT