ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones: Season 7, Episode 4 - The Spoils of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
They know the dragons can be beat. Time to get Eurons master builders who built a fleet in one episode to build a thousand of those arrow launchers.

How did Dany get the whole Mongel horde over to the middle of Westeros after losing 2 navies

So do we think Jamie is dead? If not, Interested to see how he's going to get to the surface with 50 lbs of armor on.

Arya is lethal, can't wait for her to start working on the list.

Little finger has something up his sleeve. And what did Bran say to him at the end that he reacted to? Chaos is ....... , I replayed it but could not make it out.

Those dragons are formidable. With just one it was over before it started. Just think if the other 2 were with her and they attacked from each end of the line. Could have wiped out that army without a Dothraki even having to pull out a sword.

Reactions: dmm5157
So do we think Jamie is dead? If not, Interested to see how he's going to get to the surface with 50 lbs of armor on.
Seems unlikely he'll be dead though you're right...how IS he going to swim up with all that armor on, especially since it seemed like he's already dropped 20 feet without making any effort yet. Maybe Tyrion throws him a rope?

I forgot who was left so I looked it up:

Here are the names and crimes of everyone she intends on gifting to the Many-Faced God.

• Cersei Lannister: falsely accused Arya's father, Ned Stark, of treason and had him arrested, which led to his death
  • Ilyn Payne: beheaded Ned on orders from Joffrey Baratheon
  • Gregor "the Mountain" Clegane: tortured and killed people at Harrenhal, where Arya was imprisoned
  • Sandor "the Hound" Clegane: killed Arya's friend, Mycah, the butcher's boy
  • Melisandre: took Gendry away
  • Beric Dondarrion: sold Gendry to Melisandre
  • Thoros of Myr: sold Gendry to Melisandre

Little finger has something up his sleeve. And what did Bran say to him at the end that he reacted to? Chaos is ....... , I replayed it but could not make it out.

Those dragons are formidable. With just one it was over before it started. Just think if the other 2 were with her and they attacked from each end of the line. Could have wiped out that army without a Dothraki even having to pull out a sword.

Bran said "Chaos is a ladder." I too could not make it out, but rewound it and turned on the closed captioning to get it.

Bran said "Chaos is a ladder." I too could not make it out, but rewound it and turned on the closed captioning to get it.

Thanks, best I came up with was lather. So it sounds like he is on to Littlefinger mixing things up to get to the top.

Do we know who it was that tried to slit Brans throat? Was it Lannisters trying to finish the job, or someone else?

It is a bit tiring of the really bad Lannisters not dying off. One of the only deaths that has satisfied me is Geoffrey. As much as I like Jamie, I wouldn't mind his death if caused Cersei horrible pain. I didn't enjoy the death of her daughter or younger son though. They seemed to be good-natured like their father.

Keep in mind, I'm a guy who is still bent out of shape by the ending of La La Land. Still pissed about it.

As I mentioned last week, the speed is simply incredible. It felt like there wasn't a real ramp up. One episode would feel like a day or maybe a week. Now each episode is accounting for months it seems of plot and huge pivot battles. Crazy.

It is a bit tiring of the really bad Lannisters not dying off. One of the only deaths that has satisfied me is Geoffrey. As much as I like Jamie, I wouldn't mind his death if caused Cersei horrible pain. I didn't enjoy the death of her daughter or younger son though. They seemed to be good-natured like their father.

Keep in mind, I'm a guy who is still bent out of shape by the ending of La La Land. Still pissed about it.

As I mentioned last week, the speed is simply incredible. It felt like there wasn't a real ramp up. One episode would feel like a day or maybe a week. Now each episode is accounting for months it seems of plot and huge pivot battles. Crazy.

Well the speed is pretty much a necessity at this point. Only what, 9 episodes left or something.

They have to kill everyone they can, setup someone to be on the iron throne, wrap up or bring together like 10 storylines and there are still the white walkers to deal with.

Reactions: peezy28
Thanks, best I came up with was lather. So it sounds like he is on to Littlefinger mixing things up to get to the top.

Do we know who it was that tried to slit Brans throat? Was it Lannisters trying to finish the job, or someone else?
Shows that he does know all of the past. Basically put Littlefinger in his place by telling him that line. Only Varys was supposed to know that.

It was Jamie in season 1 after he pushed Bran out of the window for catching him banging his sister. He used a knife that Littlefinger said was stolen by Tyrion to frame Tyrion for it. Hired some dude but his direwolf got him.

Reactions: HulaNole
Jamie has to be dead logically, agreed that having only one arm and all that weight 25 feet down is the end. However, we know GOT loves the Lannisters in charge so a dragon will probably save him to question him or some nonsense.

Bran Stark needs to just tell Tryrion and John about their parents, use those creepy powers already and be done with it.

To me it seemed like Daenerys and Tyrion realized those huge crossbows can do damage to the dragons so she'll change her tactics attacking The city next. Big advantage for her, and a mistake by Cersei.
I expect John Snow to pull that spear out.

Awesome episode and ending!

I think Bronn or Dickon is the one who ran in to him to save him. Curious to see whoever went in the water with him will bring him out. If Bronn, he had no armor so would be able to bring him up. If Dickon probably Bronn will dive in and choose Jamie and that's that.

I liked Bran telling Littlefinger "Chaos is a ladder" since that was a throwback to a private convo Littlefinger had with Vary back in season 3 when talking about the realm and rise to power.

Bit annoying though with this one scorpion arrow being able to hurt a dragon cause dragons ruled for years with the Targaryeans and you would think someone would have thought of using that back then but not effective.

So ready for a throwdown at Eastwatch by the Sea.

Reactions: HulaNole
I liked the episode a lot. Great stuff.

There's no way he's dead, IMO. You don't have him die drowned at the bottom of the ocean, when you could have had him immolated spectacularly. So he's going to be rescued I'm sure. Interesting idea that he's rescued by Tyrion, which further strains his loyalties. Was it absolutely shown that Bronn was the one who saved him? No chance that Tyrion hopped on a horse and got there in time, right?

I'm a bit ambivalent about the way the Jaime thing went down...on one hand, I wasn't ready for Jaime to go out in a ball of fire. He's been such a key character, you have to imagine that his death, or his actions before death, will be pivotal and wrought with meaning.

On the other hand...the show has really kind of slid away from it's "anyone can die anytime" position. The way his death was teased, and he was rescued at the last minute was really quite a "traditional TV" type move. I was glad, but I also groaned.

Seems like all the main players are being protected now, so that they are positioned to play key roles in the climax of this thing. I don't really have a problem with that, as it could really be quite awesome as each of these characters plays out their part...I'm guessing that many of them will die in that process.

Incredible.

More Stark reunions! But I wish Arya would keep her bad ass fighting ways to herself. Littlefinger is always smirking about and is just another way to twist up Sansa.

Jon and Theon! At first I said ugh. Theon. And then I said, holy crap Jon is there! He needed one good punch in.

I know Bran is the seer of all things and that can do a lot to a brain, but damn he needs to lighten up a bit. I also don't think it's the last time we see Meera. What he said to Littlefinger was awesome. Direct callback to season 2. He says to Varys..Chaos is a ladder.

Drogon is the best. But seriously that one spear shouldn't have brought him down. Dany got greedy there and put herself and Drogon at risk. No Jaime is not dead. That's not how his story ends. I will not allow it haha. Him and Tyrion still Ned to have a reunion of sorts.

Reactions: peezy28 and dmm5157
They know the dragons can be beat. Time to get Eurons master builders who built a fleet in one episode to build a thousand of those arrow launchers.

According to show timeline, shouldn't take them more than 2 days to make about a thousand of those arrow launchers.

Really felt like last night worked to Daenerys favor. Seeing the launcher means she knows what her enemies can do and that her Dragons are vulnerable and hopefully will be more strategic with her dragons.

I kept waiting for 2 dragons to fly up and completely torch the entire Lannister army while they were distracted with the Dothraki yelling (Braveheart tactics).

That scene ended up being awesome, but 3 dragons could have torched that entire line in a few minutes with (as said above) not a single Dothraki loss or even getting their blades dirty.

I never realized how deadly and efficient the dragons would be until this "battle" (or slaughter).

While Jon Snow is a leader that people trust, that entire side with Daenerys seems to be completely inept on their strategy when it comes to battle.

And I agree that the show has lost the feeling that "anyone can go at any time", which really made every week a complete nailbiter. Would have loved to see Jamie and Bron get torched by Dragon 2/3 at the last second. Or even one torched, one eaten.

I agree, I don't think Jamie is dead. Writers this year are more traditional than GRRM.

So ready for a throwdown at Eastwatch by the Sea.

anigif_sub-buzz-7997-1502091996-1.gif

Reactions: RTM58 and FSUSarah
According to show timeline, shouldn't take them more than 2 days to make about a thousand of those arrow launchers.

True, it was a matter of minutes on tv but you have to assume massive moves like those take weeks or months. No way could a tv show plod along at that pace. You must use some imagintion and piece the timelines together yourself...

Last edited:
So in the trailer for next week, Jon nonchalantly talks about Bran and his powers. I hope there is a better reveal that is family is alive and well and back in Winterfell. Jon needs to go back North and now.

Reactions: peezy28 and dmm5157
So in the trailer for next week, Jon nonchalantly talks about Bran and his powers. I hope there is a better reveal that is family is alive and well and back in Winterfell. Jon needs to go back North and now.

No kidding, Jon finding out he can ride a dragon and partner up with his aunt (instead of bending the knee) is a gamechanger for this entire saga.

Did you guys realize that Qyburn was Hand of the Queen before Cersie said so? I thought he was just Chief Maester, succeeding Maester Pycell (sp?) once he had the kids kill him.

It makes sense since he is actually banned from being a Maester.

Really felt like last night worked to Daenerys favor. Seeing the launcher means she knows what her enemies can do and that her Dragons are vulnerable and hopefully will be more strategic with her dragons.

I kept waiting for 2 dragons to fly up and completely torch the entire Lannister army while they were distracted with the Dothraki yelling (Braveheart tactics).

That scene ended up being awesome, but 3 dragons could have torched that entire line in a few minutes with (as said above) not a single Dothraki loss or even getting their blades dirty.

I never realized how deadly and efficient the dragons would be until this "battle" (or slaughter).

While Jon Snow is a leader that people trust, that entire side with Daenerys seems to be completely inept on their strategy when it comes to battle.

And I agree that the show has lost the feeling that "anyone can go at any time", which really made every week a complete nailbiter. Would have loved to see Jamie and Bron get torched by Dragon 2/3 at the last second. Or even one torched, one eaten.

I agree, I don't think Jamie is dead. Writers this year are more traditional than GRRM.
Don't the dragons need to be ridden to go to battle?

I forgot who was left so I looked it up:

Here are the names and crimes of everyone she intends on gifting to the Many-Faced God.

• Cersei Lannister: falsely accused Arya's father, Ned Stark, of treason and had him arrested, which led to his death - Will be dealt with by Jamie or Tyrion
  • Ilyn Payne: beheaded Ned on orders from Joffrey Baratheon - Dead in real life will not see this character again
  • Gregor "the Mountain" Clegane: tortured and killed people at Harrenhal, where Arya was imprisoned - If his brother does not kill him they may let Arya receive the glory of stopping him somehow
  • Sandor "the Hound" Clegane: killed Arya's friend, Mycah, the butcher's boy - After helping Arya murder his brother will let her get all stabby on him (but isnt he headed to the wall on the show?
  • Melisandre: took Gendry away - Maybe... but she is headed to Volantis... I doubt we see much of her going forward although she would be useful in the battles to come.
  • Beric Dondarrion: sold Gendry to Melisandre - Headed to the wall to fight the others... possible
  • Thoros of Myr: sold Gendry to Melisandre - Headed to the wall to fight the others... possible

Ilyn Payne: Him dead. Of that whole list I think she may get to kill 2 of them... See my notes above

Daenerys side chick (forget name) foreshadowed the liniage of Jon Snow as well. She confirmed they do not care about marriage; so that is the first step towards Jon being qualified as being the King in the minds of those in the north.

Was happy to see this begin to play out.

Any guesses on how it all becomes known? Bran is my only guess, but that seems to easy.

Last edited:
Daneruous side chick forshadowed the liniage of Jon Snow as well. She confirmed they do not care about marriage; so that is he first step towards Jon being qualified as the King in the minds of those in the north.

Any guesses on how it all becomes known? Bran is my only guess, but that seems to easy.

Jon: "I am the rightful King! My creeper brother whose best friend is a tree had a bad trip and saw it."

Lol.

Daneruous side chick forshadowed the liniage of Jon Snow as well. She confirmed they do not care about marriage; so that is he first step towards Jon being qualified as the King in the minds of those in the north.

Bran definitely knows so that's the obvious answer. I got the feeling that Littlefinger might know as well just from figuring it out. But the only people who knew Jon's origins are Ned (who's dead), Howland Reed (who isn't really in the tv series so I doubt they use him) and Bran (who saw it using his powers). There are two who MIGHT know in my opinion, Littlefinger just from hanging around the Starks and having a sharp mind and Meera Reed as her father and/or Bran might have told her.

The other 2 dragons need riders for battle (yeah it kinda doesn't make sense because they can navigate across the sea without a rider but for battle they need one, but that is why Only Drogon was in play.

No kidding, Jon finding out he can ride a dragon and partner up with his aunt (instead of bending the knee) is a gamechanger for this entire saga.

Auntie/GF/Queen/Babymama (can dead reincarnated people make babies with unburt mother of dragons.... on the next Maury)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT