ADVERTISEMENT

Glad Norvell is our coach

Well you should be worried. Our police officers are poorly trained, and way too quick to escalate the use of deadly force.

How are they poorly trained and way too quick in escalating the use of deadly force. Please explain with facts and not just an opinion.

Reactions: WarchiefUSC
How are they poorly trained and way too quick in escalating the use of deadly force. Please explain with facts and not just an opinion.
Disobeying lawful orders and reaching into a vehicle usually ends in cops ending a threat.

Sorry but you can’t keep walking away from cops giving a lawful order and then reach in a vehicle without feeling something lethal coming your way.

If someone waited for the perp to “turn around and show a weapon” (like a poster said they should do...wait until they have a firearm drawn on them) that person is already dead...even with the quickest reflexes.

Frankly, I just can’t imagine rooting for these guys on Saturdays, but then abandon them the rest of the week. And I find amusing how many obviously white guys, think they know they should act. Really? They are attending classes, practicing, in the middle of social unrest and a pandemic, they have become a force for social change, whether you think it is a problem or not, they do.
So I am with these guys, I am proud of them. And especially Norvell for stepping up. He is a leader of men. And this conversation unfortunately has to be relegated to this forum. That is a shame. These are our guys, our coaches, our team, I am with them. #blm
So you are anti nuclear family?

They shot someone in the back.

The man had an officer in a head lock, shrugged off two attempts from a taser. Oh and had a DEADLY WEAPON in his hand (KNIFE). Not to mention a felony warrant for sexual assault and has a history of resisting arrest. Oh, forgot to mention he was reaching for something in his vehicle, after being told to stop. But yeah, the police are at fault. lol

The man had an officer in a head lock, shrugged off two attempts from a taser. Oh and had a DEADLY WEAPON in his hand (KNIFE). Not to mention a felony warrant for sexual assault and has a history of resisting arrest. Oh, forgot to mention he was reaching for something in his vehicle, after being told to stop. But yeah, the police are at fault. lol
Where did you see he had a knife in his hand?

WE CHOOSE TRUTH OVER FACTS.
-Joe Biden

Jacob-Blake-Knife-In-Hand-728x381.jpg

Oh and BTW... The person recording this encounter, heard the officers say "Drop the knife" "Drop the Knife"

No, thats not the answer. And the lazy come back is, " the other side wants to defund the police." No, perhaps take some funding and dedicate it to training. Also psychological evaluations before hiring. Recruit more minorities, and have them assigned to areas with higher populations of African Americans. Establish community liaisons to connect with the citizens in those areas.

Perhaps do something than simply say, "we support the boys and blue." What if we said, "we support the boys in blue, but we're going to get them the training they need to be successful."

Everyone knows we need police, but when a system is fundamentally broken, and cops are popping dudes because they lack the proper training, there are things you can do to improve it. You dont just have to say, "stop resising" to cover up their deficiencies.

Almost all departments across america, administer psychological evaluations. Many departments ask for additional funding for training, but are denied by the scum politicians... Departments continuously push for minorities to apply, but guess what.. Many fail the background check or the polygraph. There used to be a lot of community liasions, with many being cut, by who? You got it, the moronic politicians. Police are not the issue, the politicians, who do nothing but talk, are the real issue.

Back in the late 1980's the Pennsylvania State Police administered tests for minorities, that would give them 10 extra points, for being a minority. Of course that eventually went away, thanks to a few lawsuits... But to this day, they continue to advertise for employment, with the end stating "Minorities are strongly encouraged" They are doing there part.

Almost all departments across america, administer psychological evaluations. Many departments ask for additional funding for training, but are denied by the scum politicians... Departments continuously push for minorities to apply, but guess what.. Many fail the background check or the polygraph. There used to be a lot of community liasions, with many being cut, by who? You got it, the moronic politicians. Police are not the issue, the politicians, who do nothing but talk, are the real issue.

Back in the late 1980's the Pennsylvania State Police administered tests for minorities, that would give them 10 extra points, for being a minority. Of course that eventually went away, thanks to a few lawsuits... But to this day, they continue to advertise for employment, with the end stating "Minorities are strongly encouraged" They are doing there part.
Ya don’t say?!?
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: nolesnoles
you can judge them by what they say. From what I read in an early post it is not hard to tell who’s racist. Thing is if you are out at a bar and you hear a friend say a racist remark, it’s your responsibility to set that person straight, call them out, because if you let it slide you become just as guilty. White senior who supports CMN’s statement and BLM.
Thanks to this thread I at least know who gets to decide who is racist.

Please leave political issues and comments out of college sports. The NBA, MLB, NFL have already ruined their professional sport...the players now dictate, not the coaches or management. I hate to see this happening in amateur sports. Go Noles, but leave the politics out of it. Getting sick of it.

Is that meant to be a racist statement? Don't understand your context! A lot of people on this site meet that criteria (White-Angelo-Saxon-Protestant). We were born Caucasian, our ancestry is from Europe and we are of Protestant faith. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Is that meant to be a racist statement? Don't understand your context! A lot of people on this site meet that criteria (White-Angelo-Saxon-Protestant). We were born Caucasian, our ancestry is from Europe and we are of Protestant faith. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

I think he was drunk and being antagonistic, not racial.

I have no problem with anyone speaking out against injustices, but if we are going to suspend seasons as a way of expressing this I fear there will never be a complete season in any sport going forward.
Well then it is on us to do something.
Explain. I'm not looking to argue and want an honest conversation. Change my mind, support your statements with facts, as will I, and maybe we can get somewhere.
So it isn’t incarceration rates or arrest rates that are changing your mind. It isn’t the shot by police rate.
No he is not. Have you not followed any of this story?
Your right, he was shot seven times at point blank range and he is not dead, further proving my point.

I thought Hershel Walker had the best comment on this subject. I’m paraphrasing but basically it was everyone should comply when stopped by a police officer and police officers should treat everyone respectfully when they are forced to act.

This requires more vetting of those wanting to join the police force and more training. Here in Atlanta the police force reflects the racial makeup of the community and the few times I’ve interacting with police they have been very professional. But recent incidents here have shown you can still have a few bad apples.

These problems will only be solved by people working on them intelligently and not with violent actions.
George Floyd was complying.

George Floyd was complying.

No he was not... What happened to him was absolutely horrible and I hope that officer spends the rest of his life in prison, but Floyd was not complying with verbal commands and was resisting when the officer attempted to place him in custody.

Reactions: JordanNole
Please leave political issues and comments out of college sports. The NBA, MLB, NFL have already ruined their professional sport...the players now dictate, not the coaches or management. I hate to see this happening in amateur sports. Go Noles, but leave the politics out of it. Getting sick of it.

Send this message to the football coach, who decided to start a platform of making these criminals out to be the good guys and basically making the police out to be the problem.

Reactions: BBTNOLE
Here is what happened to me.
I was in a fender bender late one evening in Valdosta. My fault all the way. I had not been drinking at all. Young officer comes to the scene, writes it up, sends the other people on their way home. Then he turns to me and asks if I have been drinking. I reply that I have not. Then he says he wants to conduct a sobriety test and I say no problem. At that point he says turn around and put your hands behind your back. With absolutely no forethought I said eff you why do you need to cuff me. He said he wasn’t checked out on field sobriety test so he had to take me to the station.
I shared with him that he was going to have find a different way to get this done because there was no way I was going to be put in cuffs.
Lots of f bombs in all of this dialogue. Again, no idea where this came from. Did I get beaten, tazed, shot? Nope. He just told to sit in the back seat.
On the way in to the station for my test he radioed in that he was “bringing him in to get blown” to which I let out a woohoo!
I am thinking a black guy in Valdosta isn’t allowed to make putting on cuffs an option.
Law enforcement kills over 1000 people a year. These are killings of citizens by the government. Extrajudicial slayings.
I am not asking for LEO to be martyrs, but they have to be accountable. And let’s get them the help they need so that they are a source for peace in the communities they serve, they are peace officers after all. There are reforms that work. Defund the police means taking money from the police and relieving them of those duties that require different skill sets, domestic violence, mental health, homelessness, drug addiction passed on to social service agencies.
These people live in our communities, it is cheaper to treat these issues than to incarcerate.
And for the love of all things holy, legalize marijuana.

Well then it is on us to do something.

So it isn’t incarceration rates or arrest rates that are changing your mind. It isn’t the shot by police rate.

Your right, he was shot seven times at point blank range and he is not dead, further proving my point.
Doesn't the arrest rate shock you? 13% of our population is responsible for nearly 50% of the violent crimes in this country. That is a fact and I believe we can agree on that. So why? I have an opinion but would like to hear what you think.

These guys are criminals... no, these guys are victims. Each case has a unique set of facts. Sometimes the cops are justified in taking strong action and other times they overreact. Being a cop is a tough job and we need to give them a little leeway in the way they handle difficult situations. But no one gets a blank check. It looks to me like Floyd was murdered but in other resent cases, I’m not so sure. But everyone will have their day in court. Let’s hope justice is done.

No he was not... What happened to him was absolutely horrible and I hope that officer spends the rest of his life in prison, but Floyd was not complying with verbal commands and was resisting when the officer attempted to place him in custody.
He was in cuffs with four officers on the scene. They should be able to place him safely in a vehicle. He collapsed at the door of the vehicle.

Here is what happened to me.
I was in a fender bender late one evening in Valdosta. My fault all the way. I had not been drinking at all. Young officer comes to the scene, writes it up, sends the other people on their way home. Then he turns to me and asks if I have been drinking. I reply that I have not. Then he says he wants to conduct a sobriety test and I say no problem. At that point he says turn around and put your hands behind your back. With absolutely no forethought I said eff you why do you need to cuff me. He said he wasn’t checked out on field sobriety test so he had to take me to the station.
I shared with him that he was going to have find a different way to get this done because there was no way I was going to be put in cuffs.
Lots of f bombs in all of this dialogue. Again, no idea where this came from. Did I get beaten, tazed, shot? Nope. He just told to sit in the back seat.
On the way in to the station for my test he radioed in that he was “bringing him in to get blown” to which I let out a woohoo!
I am thinking a black guy in Valdosta isn’t allowed to make putting on cuffs an option.
Law enforcement kills over 1000 people a year. These are killings of citizens by the government. Extrajudicial slayings.
I am not asking for LEO to be martyrs, but they have to be accountable. And let’s get them the help they need so that they are a source for peace in the communities they serve, they are peace officers after all. There are reforms that work. Defund the police means taking money from the police and relieving them of those duties that require different skill sets, domestic violence, mental health, homelessness, drug addiction passed on to social service agencies.
These people live in our communities, it is cheaper to treat these issues than to incarcerate.
And for the love of all things holy, legalize marijuana.

You literally proved multiple points in the thread. When you tell a leo to f off and don't LISTEN you are escalating the situation. If you did nothing wrong just comply and you will go home. It is not hard to understand this.

He was in cuffs with four officers on the scene. They should be able to place him safely in a vehicle. He collapsed at the door of the vehicle.

One issue is that the police run the tag of the person that they are stopping. When they see that he has an extensive criminal record they don’t approach the situation as they would with someone with a clean record.

They are alerted to expect trouble, and when you expect trouble it often occurs.

99.99% of the population wants to see that police officer in prison for life. We aren't arguing that.

Reactions: nips 9

That isn't what happened at all. The Floyd situation was handled extremely poorly, but your account of what happened is not even partially true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT