ADVERTISEMENT

Go to whiskey

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
What’s your go to whiskey/bourbon? I use to go regularly to Makers. More recently, I’ve been hitting up Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye. I love sitting down with a glass by an outdoor fire.

Lately it's been Elijah Craig Barrel Proof but I'm down to my last bottle. If you want to try a newer product, give the New Riff whiskeys and ryes a shot. I like them a lot and the price point is around $45-$55.

Have you ever gotten Whiskey bent and hell bound?

Reactions: BrianNole777
What’s your go to whiskey/bourbon? I use to go regularly to Makers. More recently, I’ve been hitting up Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye. I love sitting down with a glass by an outdoor fire.

I have four shelves that are a foot or so deep devoted to whiskies stacked three deep as I will buy some and then drink just a little so I can do taste tests later with the Missus and/or others. But the whiskies I always keep on hand and will never be without as empties get refilled BEFORE they’re actually gone are:

Bourbons/Straight Corn Whiskey/Tennessee Lincoln Process
Low End Mixers: Mellow Corn, Old Crow, Benchmark, and Old Tub
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Wild Turkey 101, George Dickel 8 YO Bourbon, Jack Daniels Old Number 7, Four Roses Single Barrel, Maker’s Mark 46, Woodford Reserve, and Yellowstone Select
Midprice: Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Kentucky Spirit, Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel and Knob Creek 12 yo.
Higher End: Blanton’s, Stagg Jr, and Eagle Rare 10 yo

Blended Scotch
Low End Mixers: The Famous Grouse
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Johnnie Walker Black, Monkey Shoulder
Midprice: Johnnie Walker Green, Chivas Regal 18
Higher End: None

Single Malt Scotch
Low End Mixers: None
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Glenlivet 12 YO, Glenfiddich 12 YO, Auchentoshan American Oak
Midprice: Arbelour Triple Cask, Highland Park Viking Honor 12 YO, Balvenie Caribbean Cask, Ardberg An Oa (be forewarned this is the only Islay on my list ie incredibly smoky), Glenrothes 12 YO
Higher End: Glenmorangie Nectar D’Or, Highland Park Viking Pride 18 YO, Glenfarclas 25 YO

Ryes
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Crown Royal Northern Rye, Bulleit Rye
Midprice: Wild Buck American Rye, Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye

Canadian
Low End Mixers: Black Velvet
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Crown Royal,
Midprice: Crown Royal XO, Forty Creek Confederation Oak, JP Wiser’s 15 YO
Higher End: JP Wiser’s 18 YO

Irish
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Powers Irish Whiskey
Midprice: Redbreast 12 YO, Powers Three Swallow
Higher End: Redbreast 15 YO, Redbreast 21 YO

Japanese
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Suntory Toki, Akashi Blended
Midprice: Suntory Hibiki Harmony
Higher End: Yamato Takeda Shingen Edition, Suntory Yamazaki 18 YO, Suntory Hibiki 17 YO

Moonshine/White Whiskey
Low End Mixers: My secret Supplier
Budget for Mixing and Shooting: Sugarlands Unaged Rye, George Dickel White
Midprice: Saint Luna, Troy and Son’s Platinum

Last edited:
It's usually the melodic tones of my wife while sitting on the porch watching the world (or golfers) go by.

What’s your play if a golfer finds himself in your yard retrieving a ball? Are you usually generous or do you run them off? Ever had to replace a window from a golf ball?

Reactions: BrianNole777
What’s your play if a golfer finds himself in your yard retrieving a ball? Are you usually generous or do you run them off? Ever had to replace a window from a golf ball?
I have no issue with someone retrieving their ball as long as they walk into the yard. In 23 years here, we've had one window broken. I designed and built the house and was cognizant of window placement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT