ADVERTISEMENT

Gordos in Tally

I like Gordos a bunch. Good food at very good prices.

Is it just 229 or is this the most over hyped joint in God's Country??

giphy.gif

Love me some 229 now but gotta disagree...... Used to walk there and loved both the food and the tail factor...always try to hit me some every time in Gods country

Reactions: Noles229
Gordos > Po Boys and its not even close. I wish I had realized that earlier during my tenure in Tally. I want Gordo sauce on everything

Gordos was always great although I fully admit to not really knowing what Cuban food should taste like. I thought their service always lacked something, but the food was fire.

Gordos is good...as long as you’ve never had Cuban food in Central Florida (Tampa especially and La Teresita in particular), South Florida or the Keys. So if you’re from North Florida and your idea of Cuban is a sub from Publix...it’s good.

Honestly, I never go there unless drug there by friends. I’d rather wait until I’m back in Tampa or even Orlando and get some quality Cuban.

So yeah, in my mind Gordo’s is by far the most overhyped restaurant in Tally. Because they make a barely adequate Cuban shop that wouldn’t last five mins in Tampa or even Miami and make it out to be a five star restaurant. And honestly, I don’t even think their Cuban sammy beats Publix....if it does it’s not by much and only because they slather the bread in butter.

Gordo's is good but it doesn't beat the Cuban/Spanish food that I can get in Tampa.

What’s your favorite in Tampa? I’m partial to La Teresita but if I just want a Cuban sandwich, some ropa Vieja, a Devilled Crab, and/or a stuffed potato I’ll hit up The Cuban Sandwich Shop on N Florida Ave.

Never went to Gordo's expecting an "authentic Cuban experience" so I've never been disappointed. Just a decent sandwich shop IMO. Only problem I've had there is when I ask for yuca fritters half the time they bring out regular fried yuca. Just results in me getting free fried yuca to go along with my fritters.

You go for the ambiance and stay for the smash. The Cuban food is just an excuse to ride.....

22860223_125502421452210_5426669888343113728_n.jpg

Reactions: GoNolesTX

Its just you, Gordos is a great college eatery.

Meh...

When 229 thinks of fire Cuban food, one will go to South Beach

Ha, well theres your issue, 1) who would want to go to Miami area, much less South Beach? 2) If I was trying to get authentic Cuban food, I'd skip that dump and go straight to Cuba. It'd be cheaper and you are less likely to get car jacked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: reiternoles
Its just you, Gordos is a great college eatery.

Ha, well theres your issue, 1) who the eff would want to go to Miami area, much less South Beach? 2) If I was trying to get authentic Cuban food, I'd skip that dump and go straight to Cuba. It'd be cheaper and you are less likely to get car jacked.

Who would go to South Beach to eat Cuban food?

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT