ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to believe Jimbo signed this kid + then lied

tommynole3476

Contributor
Aug 31, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Probably because it was actually Art Briles...

This might be gaining a little steam here... the kind of steam that might cause a coach to get fired or step down.

Cliffs: Ukwuachu gets kicked out of Boise St after having a Freshman AA year, publicly no one knows at the time, but it's because he assaulted his girlfriend. So he transfers to Baylor, sits out 2013 like normal, but doesn't play at all in 2014 for some reason. Come to find out, he's being accused, and is eventually charged with sexually assaulting a Baylor student in June of 2014. As recently as June 2015 though, the Baylor DC said they expect him to play in 2015.

He was found guilty yesterday.

So Briles says Chris Peterson never told him why he was leaving Boise, just that he was depressed and wanted to go home.

Peterson just released a statement saying he told Briles everything....

ruh-roh

http://www.texasmonthly.com/article/silence-at-baylor/

LOL, I read that article last night and loved every minute of it. Of course, I'm referring to the shadiness of Baylor in this and not the sexual assault itself. I wish nothing but good things for the victim.

I can't stand Baylor, their self-righteous d-bag alums or Art Briles.

LOL, I read that article last night and loved every minute of it. Of course, I'm referring to the shadiness of Baylor in this and not the sexual assault itself. I wish nothing but good things for the victim.

I'm unsure how you feel. Could you be a little specific.

Ok, if I'm reading this correctly the player and the girl exchanged texts a week before and the guy is telling her they have "unfinished business" and basically that he wants to bang her. She puts him off but then a week later agrees to meet up with him at 2am to go party?

I sure hope my daughter has better judgment than that.

Reactions: RTM58
He got 10 years probation. Art Briles will keep his job. Things will be swept under the rug. Remember: this is the state where the governor was involved with paying players at SMU

Curious as to why they are self righteous? I know nothing about Baylor other than that's a small school out in some dry, dusty crap hole in Texas. What can they possibly be self righteous about?

Baylor grads are usually the type to turn up their noses at other people and consider themselves more "Christian" than others. Holy rollers.
Baylor also had the basketball coach who helped cover for a murder... I knew a lady whose PR firm was trying to help the school through that crises. One day she says to me,"You'll never believe who has been lying the whole time."
I have followed college sports for a long time and this kind of crap routinely shows up. Money, power, prestige, ego...recipe for human failings.
I have wondered about the Baylor and TCU "rebirth" for some time now. They were both practically left for dead and now are on top of the Texas sports circuit. Smells funny...

Baylor also had the basketball coach who helped cover for a murder... I knew a lady whose PR firm was trying to help the school through that crises. One day she says to me,"You'll never believe who has been lying the whole time."
I have followed college sports for a long time and this kind of crap routinely shows up. Money, power, prestige, ego...recipe for human failings.
I have wondered about the Baylor and TCU "rebirth" for some time now. They were both practically left for dead and now are on top of the Texas sports circuit. Smells funny...

In the coach's defense, he was just trying to cover up the fact that they were paying the murderer's tuition off the books.

Reactions: billanole
This was dirty because he took the risk to bring him in then denied he knew it was a risk and then tried to paint Peterson with a bad brush. I don't (didn't) have a problem with giving the kid a second chance, it was what he did when it fell apart that causes the stink..

I would be careful with the who to believe part of this story for everyone taking up for CP and throwing AB under a bus. I don't give a rip about Baylor but some of the timelines I have read seem to have a lot more info about CP being vague, Art Briles providing actual details, and also that Boise signed off on the transfer (the form).

Urban covered up all kinds of stuff at Florida and the press gave him and still gives him a pass...

I would be careful with the who to believe part of this story for everyone taking up for CP and throwing AB under a bus. I don't give a rip about Baylor but some of the timelines I have read seem to have a lot more info about CP being vague, Art Briles providing actual details, and also that Boise signed off on the transfer (the form).

According to the story Boise WOULDN'T sign off on the form and made no attempt to help him.

CM9-vQrVEAASxsO.jpg
CM9-vQrVEAASxsO.jpg

Not according to the screenshot I linked in the previous post if that document is what is referenced to be.

Good catch. If that's the case all heat has to fall on Peterson for not only dropping a stink bomb on Baylor, but to lie about it and put Art Briles in a horrible light..

Reactions: HulaNole
Seems like the media rushed to judgement again. If Boise State signed a "no objection", then it's a he-said, he-said case. Media members probably don't like Briles as much or like Peterson more, hence Peterson is getting the benefit of doubt from the media.

Reactions: HulaNole
Seems like the media rushed to judgement again. If Boise State signed a "no objection", then it's a he-said, he-said case. Media members probably don't like Briles as much or like Peterson more, hence Peterson is getting the benefit of doubt from the media.

Baylor and Briles's staff also handled the whole thing in a disastrous way. I think FSU mishandled the Winston case, but this was on a totally different level. There are rumors that they reduced the victim's scholarship and failed to enforced a sexual assault TRO. It's believable because the admin totally botched the conduct hearing and the coaching staff was pretty cavalier about a trial for sexual battery.

I don't think there is anything that smells funny about TCU and Baylor. They're both winning with kids who aren't 5 star recruits. Last year Baylor signed 4 kids who rated as 4 stars on Rivals and the rest were 3 star and below. In 2014, they signed two 4 star recruits and the rest were 3 star and below. Last year, TCU signed one 4 star recruit and one the year before. The rest of TCU's recruits are 3 star and below.

They're not hauling in blue chip recruits. Both schools are being very focused in their recruiting areas (D/FW Metroplex and Houston) and they're going after kids with speed and athleticism more than anything else. On top of it, Briles and Patterson are both very good football coaches. Texas took a dump the past few years and OU was/is a mess so it stands to reason that Baylor and TCU can rise through the ranks when the Big 12's two traditional top dogs are down.

Everything I've seen makes it look like there's plenty of plausible deniability on both sides between Briles and Peterson.

I can see a very plausible scenario where all the official Boise documentation and communication with Baylor was intentionally vague, so as not to completely ruin the chances for this kid to move on somewhere else; while also giving Briles all the information via 'unofficial' means about the player.

It's definitely unclear either way; although Baylor and Briles' actions after these charges he was convicted of make it seem most plausible that Briles is the one being most dishonest, and using 'official' documentation to give himself an out. So you're telling me this guy gets accused and charged with this and you don't reach back out to Peterson and ask him about his time at Boise (if you truly didn't know before)? And why was your DC expecting him back in 2015?

To some degree, the irony in this whole thing is that this is kind of how these situations (regarding the charges, not the transfer) should be handled media-wise. It shouldn't be a huge media thing, unless/until the player is found guilty (or at least charged) of the crime. If charged, indefinitely suspend him, if found guilty, there will be plenty of time to run the person's name through the mud.

There is a report on SI.com that the Gators denied his request to transfer. Geez, this kid must have been really bad...

He actually played high school ball down the road from my house at Pearland High School and was a part of their 5A Championship team....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT