ADVERTISEMENT

Help with Voting

BellyNole

Star Player
Nov 27, 2002
Boiling Springs, NC
I know some of y'all like this sort of thing, while other may not. I live in North Carolina about an hour west of Charlotte. The local Charlotte TV station has a high school game of the week to vote on each week. The bigger schools in Charlotte invariably win because of size and voting power.

However, our small county of Cleveland County has some of the best football in the state of North Carolina, and the huge rivalry game is Crest High School (3A) vs. Shelby High School (2A) is up for the voting. My son is the kicker at Crest.

This is like a Carolina/Duke rivalry, about six miles apart. In a county of about 90,000 folks, there will be 10,000-12,000 at this game. Because of our rural area, we are in a split division conference 3A/2A. Thus, the conference had the unusual result of having two state champions this past season (actually, Shelby is working on a three-peat). Crest has won 26 games in a row, while Shelby has only lost to Crest last year. Both teams are undefeated again so far this year.

We play good football in this county. I know we all hate the Gators, but Brandon Spikes and Jonathan Bullard are both from Crest, and Crest has some good recruits currently (a senior 3-star RB committed to Virginia, as well as the #43 in 2017 Rivals 100, Justin Foster, an OLB).

Our folks are voting like crazy and we maintain a lead right now. This would mean a lot to the players, as the TV station and radio affiliate would come over to feature our game, etc.

You can vote 1,000 times a day (unless you know how to clear your cache/history), which we've been doing. Voting ends on Wednesday @ 1:00 p.m. Just click right on the Save Vote button.

Thanks for any clicks you want to give.

http://wsoctv.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=183987#SD

Thanks to anyone who votes. We are behind again. I'm sure they are using their 3,000+ students at each school to vote during lunch. Our two schools only have about 2,200 combined.

I know some of y'all like this sort of thing, while other may not. I live in North Carolina about an hour west of Charlotte. The local Charlotte TV station has a high school game of the week to vote on each week. The bigger schools in Charlotte invariably win because of size and voting power.

However, our small county of Cleveland County has some of the best football in the state of North Carolina, and the huge rivalry game is Crest High School (3A) vs. Shelby High School (2A) is up for the voting. My son is the kicker at Crest.

This is like a Carolina/Duke rivalry, about six miles apart. In a county of about 90,000 folks, there will be 10,000-12,000 at this game. Because of our rural area, we are in a split division conference 3A/2A. Thus, the conference had the unusual result of having two state champions this past season (actually, Shelby is working on a three-peat). Crest has won 26 games in a row, while Shelby has only lost to Crest last year. Both teams are undefeated again so far this year.

We play good football in this county. I know we all hate the Gators, but Brandon Spikes and Jonathan Bullard are both from Crest, and Crest has some good recruits currently (a senior 3-star RB committed to Virginia, as well as the #43 in 2017 Rivals 100, Justin Foster, an OLB).

Our folks are voting like crazy and we maintain a lead right now. This would mean a lot to the players, as the TV station and radio affiliate would come over to feature our game, etc.

You can vote 1,000 times a day (unless you know how to clear your cache/history), which we've been doing. Voting ends on Wednesday @ 1:00 p.m. Just click right on the Save Vote button.

Thanks for any clicks you want to give.

http://wsoctv.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=183987#SD

Btw, don't know if we discussed this but I have family property in Fallston and a fair amount of my extended family lives in either Fallston or Shelby.

Wow, small world. I didn't know anyone on this board had ever heard of Shelby, must less Fallston. I actually live down in Boiling Springs. Get some of your folks to vote for this if you can!

Pretty much just extended TV and radio coverage. Featured spot on Football Friday Night show. Some fan extras, too.

The voting is getting crazy. Any help would be great.

sounds like an awesome rivalry - I gave you a few clicks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT