ADVERTISEMENT

Home appliance warranty.

FreeFlyNole

Seminole Insider
Jan 2, 2008
Do any of you guys have a home appliance warranty? My buddy in PA has one and has used it for a few big ticket items. Another buddy of mine just had his A/C, Pool Pump, and oven crap out in the same 2 week span.

My house was completed in 2009 and it's just at about the time that some of the appliances are at the point where I can expect them to start having some minor issues. My ice maker and water system on my fridge just went out, and I can fix it myself but it is an irritation, and I have a Bosch Induction Cooktop and I recently cracked the glass, which is just out of warranty, it is a $3k cooktop so I hope I don't have to replace it, and even if I just have to replace the glass will probably be several hundred dollars.

My house has a ridiculous amount of appliances. Outdoor kitchen has, fridge, icemaker, indoor kitchen, has cooktop, oven, microwave, dishwasher, 2 Fisher & Paykel fridges, garage freezer, winefridge, media room has built in fridge, freezer, wine fridge. washer / dryer, two seperate air conditioning systems (upstairs and down are independent). Because of the proximity to the beach those look worse than 7 year old A/C units should look.

I called the company that my buddy has but will only take you on as a new customer at the time you close on the purchase of your house.

Anyone know of any that will take you any time, which one is it, what's the cost and have you used it much? Is it a good value / idea?

Buyer's Protection Group (BPG Home Warranty), had them fora few years. Price goes up every year, but they are responsive. I think they were just purchased by another company, so we'll see if that changes anything.

We have had Old Republic for the past 8 or so years and have been very happy. There is a waiting period if you don't purchase it at close, but it is only 30 days if I recall. Last year alone the policy saved me nearly $2k net after the policy and service calls.

My brother got me onto America's First Choice Home Warranty. He has used it for his pool, garage door, and a few other things. I now have it on my rental home in Austin. It's fully transferable which is nice as I'm going to sell that house.

got one at the rec of realtor when i boought my first house. think she got a kickback. there were large deductibles, no name brand replacement, labor etc. that it was not worth the cost.

next time you buy something, like a TV or diswasher, use your platinum card. most will double the mfr.'s warranty. I successfully made a claim on a laptop that crapped out in the 23rd month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT