ADVERTISEMENT

How many hours a week do you work?

40+ hours per week...

10+ hours of window time driving to job sites....
5-10 hours of actual work probably....

60 to 70 hours. Not proud of it but the cost of traving and being a consultant. Enables us to live in Orlando and have a pretty solid life. No complaints as I have done some amazing work and worked for some great companies.

40. Never have to work OT, or travel. It's nice, but to me the bigger thing is I never have to take my work home with me. Going on 5 years now. When I leave work, I don't think about it until the following day or start of the new week.

32 - 36 hours of direct patient interaction, 4-8 hours doing P.A. so the patient can get the Rx's written by the MD.

It's flocking frust....................

55-60 but it doesn't really feel like work. I'm a land guy for one of the largest national homebuilders (buy land, design and develop communities).

Really depends on the week. Before I got split off onto my own, was l at about 70 a week. Now I am at a boring 30 or so. Make great money for that amount, but no future. Looking at a move which will put me back around 70, but with much more future.

It varies greatly... when on a long term international assignment, like right now it's about 60 hrs per week. When I'm strictly in the office in Orlando, often it less than 40 and occasionally 50+ But even when I'm not on long term assignment, I will travel to one of our projects for a shorter term and spend a couple of weeks, occasionally more. When I'm at a project "short term" its on... typically work every day at least 10 hours, and I've logged several 100+ hour weeks. But the short term trips only happen three or four times a year typically.

Yep, this is the direction we're going these days. One of co-workers moved to a city where we don't even have an office now and is building contacts in the area to potentially set up a new small office there. In the meantime, she's working remotely and work quality has not dropped off. That doesn't work for everyone, you have to be able to self-manage your time, but the whole idea of having a body in a building for so many hours to be able to get work done is waning.
I am hoping to make this work for me in a couple years. I would like to stay at my current job when we move to FL. I think my boss is fine with it, just need to make sure my staff is comfortable with me working remotely.

Guess I'm lucky, work out the house for the most part. Have people under me that do most of the leg work. Roll out of bed around 8, upstairs to the office 9ish. Probably average 5-6 hours daily on phone calls, computer and paper work, etc. Average 3-4 days of air and rental car travel a month, those days are typically 5-8 hour days.

I am 730 - 4 most days. Some evenings and weekends depending on pushes for development releases. I am MTN but have team members in Eastern, Central, Mtn and Indian Standard timezones.

I converted to work from home 8 months ago. Love working from home for a large corp, free internet, free work phone, no travel each way for work (was 54 miles). It does get old not having the same level of connections you make when you work side by side though. I also don't BS, when I log on, I am working the entire time.

40 hours a week. Probably a total of 1-2 hours of real work. Can't believe companies haven't just moved all employees to working remotely from home. Save them the cost of buying property or renting out space large enough to hold all their employees.

Skype, Go-to Meeting, cellphones, & email make it doable.

I worked from home for roughly 10 years with a hotel cube at the office if I wanted to go in. We got a new SVP who wanted the Yahoo model and called everybody back to the office to "Collaborate" better...so now I have to go sit in my office. It sucks. This morning I was thinking I could start work at 7:30 am but then I had to take a shower etc. pack up the laptop, drive in and didn't get setup for work until 8:45. An extra 10 hours of wasted time per week. I haven't been to the gym since this started and I need to figure out a new routine. Plus an extra 3K per year in commuting costs.

I need to take the line that "I will follow up with that when I return to the office", but that will not go over well. The best thing will be to find a new management chain and go back home.

I work on an Airforce base doing IT work and literally only work 10-20 hours a week which is good and bad. I find myself so board at work I spend a lot of the time walking around the base to stay active. It does allow me a lot of time to get other things done though. I am looking for another gig though.

I'm semi-retired / semi-unemployed, work about 10 hours a week either sitting at my computer or going to an out of town meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT