ADVERTISEMENT

How's the heat in your town this week?

A lot of us actually are. I ride more miles than I drive most weeks. As for EVs and hybrids, as I have shared before, most of the people in my immediate family have either a hybrid or an EV, including me. That holds true for our social circle of friends and colleagues, as well. Given that the Tesla Model Y was the best-selling model in the world last year, it seems that many people find EVs compelling enough to vote with their wallets.
Ford F Series, Chevy Silverado and Dodge Ram trucks all outsold the Tesla Model Y in the US last year. For that matter so did the Rav 4.

Reactions: F4Gary
A lot of us actually are. I ride more miles than I drive most weeks. As for EVs and hybrids, as I have shared before, most of the people in my immediate family have either a hybrid or an EV, including me. That holds true for our social circle of friends and colleagues, as well. Given that the Tesla Model Y was the best-selling model in the world last year, it seems that many people find EVs compelling enough to vote with their wallets.
I ride more miles a week on my bike than I drive as well. However, I still own 3 gas cars and a truck. My circle of friends and family all drive gas vehicles except one. She had a Tesla, but it caught on fire at the charging station.

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary
When I was in high school, the girls with the nose rings were definitely the queen bees, and they definitely did not eat by themselves. My brother and sister-in-law have been in the body modification scene since way back, and they have always been a lot cooler and more socially active than my much more traditional "sports and trivia" social scene.
Good for them. 😉

The mountain lakes really are wonderful. They have been my weekend vacation spots for years, and I have seriously considered building a cabin up there. I just can not make up my mind regarding which lake. We go to Lake Tahoe a couple of times per year for weddings/work, and it's always lovely. I tend to prefer the smaller lakes, though. In August, we are going to spend a weekend up near Clear Lake.
Lake Tahoe is one of my fave places on earth. Absolutely beautiful.

Lake Tahoe is one of my fave places on earth. Absolutely beautiful.
Got married there. Chapel O' the Pines on the shore of L. Tahoe. We used to go fishing in some of the really remote lakes. Upper and Lower Spencer lakes are a couple I remember. My family called the feather river area home from the 40's to the 80's. Camp Layman on highway 70.

Last edited:
It's interesting too that all the folks on here pushing EV use none of them have said they actually drive one.
If you want to convince somebody to act in a certain way, its far more effective to practice what your preach or be a living example of the change you want others to follow.

Unrelated example: to promote tolerance and condemn others for their supposed intolerance and then say things like "I never claimed to be universally tolerant" or "I'm intolerant to intolerance" or "It's not that I don't like you..... oh wait, yes, yes it is" is kind of like the philandering minister who preaches the importance of fidelity in marriage. LMFAO

Last edited:
If you want to convince somebody to act in a certain way, its far more effective to practice what your preach or be a living example of the change you want others to follow.

Unrelated example: to promote tolerance and condemn others for their supposed intolerance and then say things like "I never claimed to be universally tolerant" or "I'm intolerant to intolerance" or "It's not that I don't like you..... oh wait, yes, yes it is" is kind of like the philandering minister who preaches the importance of fidelity in marriage. LMFAO
To be fair one poster did state that they drive a hybrid or EV, but I agree there are many examples on here of do as I virtue signal not as I do.

Gonna cool off a bit here. Jet stream is dipping down to N. Texas in a few days. Won't affect Florida though.
I saw a graphic on the climate change I mean Weather Channel and it had 90 degrees across the Midwest and northeast. It was all really dark red to make it look super hot. The funny one was Dallas at 91. I thought oh look a cool day in Dallas.

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
It's not hot here right now but it is very rainy. Over 4.5" in the last three days, 7+ inches this month and 47.5" so far this year.

The rain is one thing but the accompanying lightning has been something else. Been terrible. My poor dog is not reacting well.

It's not hot here right now but it is very rainy. Over 4.5" in the last three days, 7+ inches this month and 47.5" so far this year.

The rain is one thing but the accompanying lightning has been something else. Been terrible. My poor dog is not reacting well.
Same here! Was out in the yard early this AM picking up debris and the weatherman said we’re going to get more of the same this afternoon. Almost 3” over normal rain totals. My flowers (pentas and caladiums) like it though - but I’m not sure my gladiolas are going to bloom. Wet feet syndrome. 🫤

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT