ADVERTISEMENT

I Lucked Out...kinda

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
we had a neighborhood BBQ last weekend. I was able to meet a new couple that just moved in a few weeks ago. I had my FSU hat on and she asked if I liked Jamies. I told her this is probably a trap question, and we just met, but I think he's a good guy...just a little immature at times, but who wasn't at that age.

I was waiting for an argument. Instead she says, I agree totally. He is a great guy and we just love him. So of course I say "we"? She says yes, I'm head of recruiting for the Buccenaers (not player personal).

Immediately I'm like, hell yeahz!! I then meet her husband who is the director of scouting for the Blue Jays...another score, kinda I guess, but still really cool.

So this was Sunday and I immediately start thinking about what kind of perks I can get out of this...like any good fan would.

So tonight I get the email asking if I wanted 4 tix to Saturday's game. It's preseason, but still very cool, I'll take it!!

The only part I wasn't sure about is that she says, it will be a little hot, but would be a great first game for and the family to go to :-/

I have a 6 month old son and a 7 year old. And to be honest, my first thought was how will my wife take watching the kids while me and my buddies go to the game.

So first question....is it tacky to reply back that it sure is a great night to go with family...and then take buddies??

And if not...(which it isn't.) Is it really a good idea for a 6 month old infant to go? She said in the email that they normally charge for infants.

I don't know...I mean, she works there, she would know best I would think. And the tix are club level so I believe there are spots with AC to cool off if needed.

Thoughts???

Last edited:
Reactions: cmanole
A woman is the head recruiter for the Tampa Bay Bucs?

No wonder they suck.

Tell her you're going to fhritp and then do this

aU3ienH.gif

Reactions: 2noles1cup
Take the family, follow up on Sunday with a thank you and what a great time EVERYONE had, Remember it's pre-season so you are working hard now to reap future benefits in the regular season. Gotta play the game man.

This is probably the correct answer. Never thought I'd be the guy at a game with a baby though.

Just kidding dan. Just reply that the kids will be sleeping and youre gonna use them to catch up with old buddies. If she has a problem with that, then that's when you fhritp and throw the hook.

Just kidding dan. Just reply that the kids will be sleeping and youre gonna use them to catch up with old buddies. If she has a problem with that, then that's when you fhritp and throw the hook.

Ah...I thought you were talking about my wife.

I'll go with family. Might get sitter and let 7 yearned take buddy.

DQ is wise. At least give the wife the option. Store away the brownie points for later. Probably won't be able to stay for the whole, but it's just preseason.

Reactions: DanC78
Leave wife at home with baby. Take 7 year old assuming you have a friend with a a similar aged kid. Or leave all of them at home and invite your boys. But something tells me you abandoned all your friends when you got married.

Reactions: semifan1
Leave wife at home with baby. Take 7 year old assuming you have a friend with a a similar aged kid. Or leave all of them at home and invite your boys. But something tells me you abandoned all your friends when you got married.

I actually tried this route. My one buddy with kid similar age is going out of town.

Yes, abandoned for most part. But have made new group of friends that are pretty cool and married with kids.

We were thinking the same though.

Update...found a buddy who a child the same age as stepson. We are going for first half and then will haul ass. They'll enjoy the pirate ship.

Also asked our neighbor donating is that would be alright, she was more than okay with it.

Set a play date up with wife and her friend who has baby the same age. Wifey is more excited about that than the game.

Wins all around.

I really think that I subconsciously posted to brag about my new neighbor and getting the hook up. :))

Pix of neighbor??

Update...found a buddy who a child the same age as stepson. We are going for first half and then will haul ass. They'll enjoy the pirate ship.

Also asked our neighbor donating is that would be alright, she was more than okay with it.

Set a play date up with wife and her friend who has baby the same age. Wifey is more excited about that than the game.

Wins all around.

I really think that I subconsciously posted to brag about my new neighbor and getting the hook up. :))

Lived in Tampa years ago and the guy 2 doors down was a Buc line coach. He was gone most of the time, but the wife was friends with my wife. Got tickets for a few games and even got to hold and try on his Super Bowl Ring after the season ended. It was pretty cool. Gruden did not renew his contract after the next season and they moved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT