ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Hating This Weather

Went out for lunch today. Partly cloudy and 78 degrees with a slight breeze! Fantastic!

We moved to Cville from Tally 7 years ago, because we missed the seasons and are snow lovers. Last two winters have sucked, maybe 3-4 inches of snow each year. We've had at least 3 periods of brutal cold this winter but no precip to go with it. The daffodils are coming up, a couple close to opening. Hoping that a couple late season
Nor'easters fire up in the next 6 weeks or so and dump on us.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
We moved to Cville from Tally 7 years ago, because we missed the seasons and are snow lovers. Last two winters have sucked, maybe 3-4 inches of snow each year. We've had at least 3 periods of brutal cold this winter but no precip to go with it. The daffodils are coming up, a couple close to opening. Hoping that a couple late season
Meanwhile, it's flooding here and in the high 30's. Doh!

It was 75 degrees as I pulled up at the house last night at nearly 7 p.m. Most of the time in the third week of February it would be certainly under 50, if not less than 30 at that time.

Went skiing today, high on the mountain was about 15. Brrr. Last night it was in the 20s at home. Coldest it's been all year. Need the snow to keep tracking in.

Meanwhile, it's flooding here and in the high 30's. Doh!

This is killing me. The kids are supposed to have a baseball tournament next weekend in McKinney/Sunnyvale (yeah) but some forecasts are showing another 5" between Tuesday and Wednesday. At least it's supposed to be in the 60s this week.

This is killing me. The kids are supposed to have a baseball tournament next weekend in McKinney/Sunnyvale (yeah) but some forecasts are showing another 5" between Tuesday and Wednesday. At least it's supposed to be in the 60s this week.
I guess you know we are supposed to get some severe weather and large hail tomorrow. Ugh.
I just had $4200 worth of hail damage to my new to me truck repaired.

I guess you know we are supposed to get some severe weather and large hail tomorrow. Ugh.
I just had $4200 worth of hail damage to my new to me truck repaired.

Saw those rumors. Just good thunderstorms here in Little Elm. Sorry about the truck old man, I still have hail damage from last spring that I'll wait til April to get fixed (found out there's a two year timeframe to report/repair.)

Have you seen the amount predictions for this coming Tuesday/Wednesday? Supposedly upwards of 10" coming at us.

Saw those rumors. Just good thunderstorms here in Little Elm. Sorry about the truck old man, I still have hail damage from last spring that I'll wait til April to get fixed (found out there's a two year timeframe to report/repair.)

Have you seen the amount predictions for this coming Tuesday/Wednesday? Supposedly upwards of 10" coming at us.
Look at you whiners. Acting like this is something new to North Texas? Ha!!!! :rolleyes:

28427420_222402104988679_5694258771929333760_n.jpg

https://tinyurl.com/yaqv7625
#HondaClassic #HeatWave
#LoseTheTrash&UpTheClass

Last edited:
Record highs forcasted for today. Ugh...

Yeah this winter has really sucked here and last winter did too. I feel like we are being punished for the great winters of the previous few years (2010 snowiest in history, 2014 and 2015 with multiple heavy snowfalls, then the Blizzard of 2016 with 30-40 inch amounts).

But we knew what were in for with La Nina in the Pacific -- those are horrible for winter in this region as it favors a north storm track and shuts down the Gulf-to-east coast track. What we need is a weak or moderate El Nino combined with repeated blocking high pressures over Greenland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT