ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Star Wars theory

Now a Star Wars theory that I have found interesting is that Luke actually went to the dark side. He had to in order to kill the emperor. Yoda warned him in Empire Strikes Back that leaving his training would be his path to the dark side.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Now a Star Wars theory that I have found interesting is that Luke actually went to the dark side. He had to in order to kill the emperor. Yoda warned him in Empire Strikes Back that leaving his training would be his path to the dark side.

That would could be because it explains why he's not on the poster as the surprise evil ringleader but I don't buy it. Star Wars is color coded, evil is black, red and white, Browns and tans are Jedi, bright colors are "good". In the trailer Luke is seen in a brown cloak, not black. He did have a black outfit when he was being less than good in Jefi but that was underneath a brown cloak showing he was conflicted at that point.

That would could be because it explains why he's not on the poster as the surprise evil ringleader but I don't buy it. Star Wars is color coded, evil is black, red and white, Browns and tans are Jedi, bright colors are "good". In the trailer Luke is seen in a brown cloak, not black. He did have a black outfit when he was being less than good in Jefi but that was underneath a brown cloak showing he was conflicted at that point.
It's a good theory. Luke needed to dark to defeat his father and the emperor. There is no way he could have defeated them without it. He never finished his training. He hides his true self from the others as his powers are stronger as he embraced the dark side.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I do believe that the original ending played around with Luke turning evil or somewhere in between (Bringing balance to the force). However once the toy sales started driving the movie, I think that was quickly thrown aside as a non-good Luke wouldn't sell toys, at least not in the early 80's.

get

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT