ADVERTISEMENT

Its Got to be Urban Meyer

SAV Noles

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2007
Savannah
Can someone give me any reason not to throw everything at Urban that doesn’t sound like it’s coming from a butthurt, beta x-boyfriend? That goes DOUBLE for the administration!

-Career record: 187-32
-3 titles with 2 teams
-Only Urban and Dabo have beaten saban in title game.
-Only coach at OSU to go undefeated against Michigan (would love to go undefeated against our rivals... Jimbo was close and it was glorious)
-3rd highest win percentage in history of college football
-Both of his OCs at Florida and OSU are now very successful head coaches at both schools, meaning we’d be in great hands long-term whenever meyer retires again
-Gainesville would lose their collective minds in envy if we hired him

If anyone else’s name were attached to this resume, he’d be unanimous first choice.

Everyone here complains about Meyer’s players with Florida, but yet they really want Stoops, who didn’t even kick Joe Mixon off the team after punching a girl in the face on video!

Meyer had zero player issues that I know of at Ohio St. He simply tried to keep one of his coaches marital struggles out of the media, which was a mistake. But, news flash, we have had plenty of player issues at FSU over the years, and some were on our title teams... and we don’t care. It’s hypocrisy at its dumbest.

I get it— he used to beat us a lot and wasn’t nice about it. He almost went undefeated against us. I’d love to return the favor to Gainesville and Coral Gables, and I don’t care about being nice about it.

This fan base needs to get over our pride and start dominating the nation again. Only Meyer can guarantee that outcome.

If we try and he doesn’t come, so be it. But not to try because our rival made a great decision to hire him years ago, is imbecilic.

It’s time for us to make that some great decision, and use their best coach in program history against them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News