ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Coker decision to transfer backfiring?

Rynole1728

Star Player
Aug 6, 2014
The past is done but it's tempting to wonder if Jacob Coker is regretting his decision to transfer at this point based on what's going on at UA. I like where we are and i'm not regretting Jake leaving because we are loaded at QB. But i wonder if he ever thinks about If he'd stayed:

1. He would be THAT MUCH more familiar with Jimbo's offense as a 5th year Sr. instead of having to re-learn another offense.
2. Jimbo probably wouldn't have felt the need to go and get Golston (I'm not regretting having EG)
3. He probably would be starting over SMAG as he would have had time for the "light bulb" to go off along with that physical talent.
4. His hype/ reputation would have been protected as FSU's starting QB due to coach Fisher's slight exaggeration about the QB race between he and Winston - I DON'T THINK IT WAS THAT CLOSE.
5. He wouldn't have been exposed by other inferior QB's in the Bama line up due to Fisher's HIGH praise of him at FSU.

Jimbo set Coker up nicely. To the point that it was believed that between him and Winston, we had possibly the top 2 QBs on any 1 roster. However, i believe the transfer to Alabama truly exposed Coker in a way that is not serving him now. I wish him the best. GO NOLES!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News