ADVERTISEMENT

Jameis Has Some New Lawyers

JohnnieHolmesNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
The GrayRobinson firm in Orlando is now representing Jameis Winston in the Kinsman fiasco. Attorneys John Boudet -- a double-Nole, and Mayanne Downs, the former President of the Florida Bar -- will now lead the charge. I am pretty certain Ms. Kinsman and her investors will not at all enjoy this development. Ish just got real.

Justice don't care who metes it out.

The GrayRobinson firm in Orlando is now representing Jameis Winston in the Kinsman fiasco. Attorneys John Boudet -- a double-Nole, and Mayanne Downs, the former President of the Florida Bar -- will now lead the charge. I am pretty certain Ms. Kinsman and her investors will not at all enjoy this development. Ish just got real.

I'm so ready for Erica to have to answer for her numerous inconsistencies and odd comments before and after that night.

But are they on Twitter?

In related news, Harvard Law just issued a release this week not too kind to The Hunting Ground movie.

CTivwcXVEAQACgO.png

Mayanne Downs is also a prominent Gator, which is a nice extra.

In related news, Harvard Law just issued a release this week not too kind to The Hunting Ground movie.

CTivwcXVEAQACgO.png

For clarification purposes, it's important to note that the "Mr. Winston" is this letter is not Jameis, but rather Brandon Winston, a Harvard Law student who was accused of sexual assault by two women in the film.

Makes me sick his reputation has been ruined for a false accusation (or at the very least an accusation not backed up with factual data).

I am glad he will continue to fight these claims as opposed to settling out of court. It is clear he still has no interest in settling this matter out of court and will fight it till the end to clear his name.

Eventually Kinsman; her family; the Colroado gang; and Matt Baker will be ruined.
Unfortunately, probably not. At some point it will all just fade away as those who could be sued have little to any assets and they will give up and things will just die down. I'd imagine Jameis would be happy with that so he can move on with his life. The Kinsman family will go on in obscurity and their lawyers will receive no punishment other than lost expenses in their unsuccessful pursuit of a settlement. They will just move on to their next case.

How will the lawyers be ruined? Or Baker?
The lawyers will just go chase the next case so I probably should not have included that. If you don't think Baker's credibility is on the line, then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: mrcop2you
Eventually Kinsman; her family; the Colroado gang; and Matt Baker will be ruined.
I have no idea why Matt Baker is always lumped into this. He's a total nobody who more or less did his job. He was given a tip from a "source" and he investigated it. And while I don't doubt he has some connection to the family he's not writing editorials, he's merely reporting developments in the case(s).

Reactions: peezy28
I have no idea why Matt Baker is always lumped into this. He's a total nobody who more or less did his job. He was given a tip from a "source" and he investigated it. And while I don't doubt he has some connection to the family he's not writing editorials, he's merely reporting developments in the case(s).
That's laughable. Pretty funny. He is totally connected to the family, and was the voice of the family. His pieces were pretty much one sided. Not just developments in the case.

Matt Baker reported only one side of the case and slanted his language to insinuate the accuser was a victim, but he did not report any fallacies.

Unfortunately that case vaulted his status with the Tampa Bay Times, and his reputation is not in jeopardy.

He's still a weasel though.

I'm so tired of the crap against Jameis. How many times does it have to be stated there isn't sufficient proof that Jameis did anything wrong. I can only imagine how he feels.

The lawyers will just go chase the next case so I probably should not have included that. If you don't think Baker's credibility is on the line, then I don't know what to tell you.
Baker's credibility!?

Baker's credibility!?
He looks more and more like the scum he is each time Kinsman gets defeated. People think that his future is bright because the Times took him off the Highschool beat? He is forever connected to this, and he is hurt with every positive thing that happens to Winston from here on out.

He looks more and more like the scum he is each time Kinsman gets defeated. People think that his future is bright because the Times took him off the Highschool beat? He is forever connected to this, and he is hurt with every positive thing that happens to Winston from here on out.
This!

I will never stop despising that guy Baker regardless of the outcome of the civil case! Winston will win, but his reputation which is forever damaged, was dragged down to the mud by Matt!

Unfortunately, probably not. At some point it will all just fade away as those who could be sued have little to any assets and they will give up and things will just die down. I'd imagine Jameis would be happy with that so he can move on with his life. The Kinsman family will go on in obscurity and their lawyers will receive no punishment other than lost expenses in their unsuccessful pursuit of a settlement. They will just move on to their next case.

I disagree unless Winston feels he's being too vengeful. I think after what he's been through he wants legal documentation that she made it up because this could haunt his marketability for endorsements going forward. Their money doesn't matter but legal guilt being placed on them does matter.

Reactions: SemiTar
Winston doesn't get enough credit for going through with the student code of conduct hearing. He did this a week or two before we played Oregon in the Playoffs knowing he was going pro. He could have easily delayed this hearing, never had it, and declared for the draft.

Instead, he went through with it, knowing he did nothing wrong. I can't wait for him to WIN the Civil suite. There will be no settlement here.

Winston doesn't get enough credit for going through with the student code of conduct hearing. He did this a week or two before we played Oregon in the Playoffs knowing he was going pro. He could have easily delayed this hearing, never had it, and declared for the draft.

Instead, he went through with it, knowing he did nothing wrong. I can't wait for him to WIN the Civil suite. There will be no settlement here.

The last signee of the Harvard Law School faculty letter is Lawrence Tribe. He literally wrote the book on torts ( personal injury law ) that every law student around the nation studies.

Reactions: goldmom
The last signee of the Harvard Law School faculty letter is Lawrence Tribe. He literally wrote the book on torts ( personal injury law ) that every law student around the nation studies.

Thanks, But what does that have to do with my post?

Who is paying her legal bills or is all of this on contingency? Also, isn't it true that in a civil case she can be compelled to testify? If so, that would be worth paying to see.

Sadly true!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT