ADVERTISEMENT

Jameis Has Some New Lawyers

That's laughable. Pretty funny. He is totally connected to the family, and was the voice of the family. His pieces were pretty much one sided. Not just developments in the case.
I said he was connected to their side since he was the one who made the initial request to TPD. I just don't remember him being particularly one sided and I don't blame a reporter for reporting info in a big story. It's not like the family wasn't going to get their side out. Either way, you guys saying he will be ruined by anything that happens moving forward are clueless. I would be thrilled if Jameis was found not guilty and she was found guilty of defamation, God that would be amazing,

John Boudet was my classmate in law school, and I can tell you that this is a very positive development. Mayanne Downs is also a very highly respected local attorney. Jaboo is in very good hands.

I dated John , but we were friends first, as an undergrad. I bet he's a great lawyer .

The GrayRobinson firm in Orlando is now representing Jameis Winston in the Kinsman fiasco. Attorneys John Boudet -- a double-Nole, and Mayanne Downs, the former President of the Florida Bar -- will now lead the charge. I am pretty certain Ms. Kinsman and her investors will not at all enjoy this development. Ish just got real.

Justice don't care who metes it out.
And this needed to be broadcast ? WHY?

I said he was connected to their side since he was the one who made the initial request to TPD. I just don't remember him being particularly one sided and I don't blame a reporter for reporting info in a big story. It's not like the family wasn't going to get their side out. Either way, you guys saying he will be ruined by anything that happens moving forward are clueless. I would be thrilled if Jameis was found not guilty and she was found guilty of defamation, God that would be amazing,
Dan Rather says hi.

I wish FSU would release a similar letter for Jameis.

President Thrasher has multiple times, but mostly indirectly, as FSU is still named as a defendant in the case and can not make direct comments that could end up in court. He stood up to ESPN and the New York Times.

A quick google search will let you see all he has done.

And this needed to be broadcast ? WHY?

It's a matter of public record, and not some "confidential" development. The case concerns one of our Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks, which seems to a legitimate area of interest to most FSU fans. I am fairly certain this earth-shattering post will not have any impact on the outcome of the case, or on the administration of justice in general.

President Thrasher has multiple times, but mostly indirectly, as FSU is still named as a defendant in the case and can not make direct comments that could end up in court. He stood up to ESPN and the New York Times.

A quick google search will let you see all he has done.
I am aware of that but this statement has some details showing why he is not guilty of what he was accused of. I would like to see such a statement made to those people that made that smear campaign movie.

It's a matter of public record, and not some "confidential" development. The case concerns one of our Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks, which seems to a legitimate area of interest to most FSU fans. I am fairly certain this earth-shattering post will not have any impact on the outcome of the case, or on the administration of justice in general.
You are correct in that the post will have no impact. I just don't think we need to keep the subject active and allow media types and kinsman folk to have any ammunition in which to create more lies. There are plenty of other means for anyone interested to get the information. I can say that Jw's side and coaches do not appreciate the continual bs brought forth by some.

Makes me sick his reputation has been ruined for a false accusation (or at the very least an accusation not backed up with factual data).

I am glad he will continue to fight these claims as opposed to settling out of court. It is clear he still has no interest in settling this matter out of court and will fight it till the end to clear his name.

His reputation is not ruined. He needs to keep handling his life, as he is doing and he'll be fine.

Reactions: SemiNo.1e
You are correct in that the post will have no impact. I just don't think we need to keep the subject active and allow media types and kinsman folk to have any ammunition in which to create more lies. There are plenty of other means for anyone interested to get the information. I can say that Jw's side and coaches do not appreciate the continual bs brought forth by some.

If the "media types and kinsman folk" can "create more lies" out of the underlying message -- i.e., "Ms. Kinsman is about to get her @@@ whipped in Court" -- then good luck to them.

In related news, Harvard Law just issued a release this week not too kind to The Hunting Ground movie.

CTivwcXVEAQACgO.png
Doesn't matter...the media will not run with that.

Unfortunately, probably not. At some point it will all just fade away as those who could be sued have little to any assets and they will give up and things will just die down. I'd imagine Jameis would be happy with that so he can move on with his life. The Kinsman family will go on in obscurity and their lawyers will receive no punishment other than lost expenses in their unsuccessful pursuit of a settlement. They will just move on to their next case.
This. The masses who don't like him will believe what he was accused of no matter even if she came out confessing it was a lie

I am aware of that but this statement has some details showing why he is not guilty of what he was accused of. I would like to see such a statement made to those people that made that smear campaign movie.

Thrasher can't talk about the case directly while FSU is still a defendant in an ongoing civil suit. He has stood up to the inaccuracies plenty and has done a great job. At this point, there is nothing more he can do until case is resolved.

Thrasher can't talk about the case directly while FSU is still a defendant in an ongoing civil suit. He has stood up to the inaccuracies plenty and has done a great job. At this point, there is nothing more he can do until case is resolved.
Nothing prohibiting him from saying whatever he wants to. But I agree better course is to stay quiet for now.

The lawyers will just go chase the next case so I probably should not have included that. If you don't think Baker's credibility is on the line, then I don't know what to tell you.
I think it should. But in this world I don't think it will.

problem with these frequently baseless sexual assault accusations against people on campus. There is pressure on the universities to show the federal govt that they are tough on violence against women lest they lose their title 9 funding....fortunately Jameis could afford the lawyers to defend himself ...many kids in similar situations are not so lucky and can get railroaded...#BS

Reactions: Daddy-OO
The lawyers will just go chase the next case so I probably should not have included that. If you don't think Baker's credibility is on the line, then I don't know what to tell you.
I think it should. But in this world I don't think it will.

College presidents are mostly high paid cowards that do nothing while their universities burn. Look at what happened at Yale when the tenured professor was assaulted by some freshman "know it all" female student because he and his wife didn't support their stupid cause. She should have been kicked out of the university, instead...NOTHING.
The UVA false rape caused the frat to be closed. After it was proven to be a hoax the on campus feminist demanded it stay closed, the president agreed.
Google the "Amherst false rape" to see how bad it's become and how worthless that president it.

Eventually Kinsman; her family; the Colroado gang; and Matt Baker will be ruined.

Whenever I see Matt Baker's name on a headline, I think "Dishonest fake journalist." His complaints about being persecuted as he acted as a mouthpiece for the accuser's family, rather than a journalist, were the height of hypocrisy. He was absolutely their tool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT