ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Jaguars (Urban Meyer hired)

CarlsbadNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
The pressure to pick Trevor by the community will be overwhelming. He is the perfect marketing QB but as an actual thrower he just OK, all he does is throw BeeBees, no touch, no hand talent

The irony in all of it is that Trask imo is a way better QB than Trevor, and trask is a gator,but the Trevor love will outweigh the love of their own.

My post was not about Trask, he was an add on

it was about how the the community ofJAX will only want Trevor, and the GM of Jags is in a tough spot because in my opinion he is not a John Elway type guy

Trevor has the looks, the cannon but not a great thrower, he has one pass, a bullet and it is great but no more

It reminds me when San Diego when they had a top pick,and I was saying they should sign Randall Cunningham and draft Randy Moss, but Moss has smoked weed and Randall was over the hill and ended up MVP and Moss ent 21st

Question is

should Jax take Trevor #1

Please declare Tim and Gary4 baller

The pressure to pick Trevor by the community will be overwhelming. He is the perfect marketing QB but as an actual thrower he just OK, all he does is throw BeeBees, no touch, no hand talent

The irony in all of it is that Trask imo is a way better QB than Trevor, and trask is a gator,but the Trevor love will outweigh the love of their own.
SMH

I hate clumpson - let the record show that.

however, you need to stay off the weed. Lawrence is by far the best QB in college ball and will be a good QB in the league if the Jags don’t ruin him.
Love how you said good not great, number one picks should be great

He doesn’t have a long windup. He has one of the more compact throwing motions you’ll see. And he wasn’t even throwing tonight when he fumbled.
Dan Marino wasn't getting that ball out the way Ohio State was getting pressure.

He's clearly the #1 pick. The safest pick though I will say I was pleasantly surprised how well Fields threw the ball. Of course Clemson's defense always looked a step behind on some of those throws and he missed a critical throw early in the game, well, I guess it wasn't that critical if he missed it and they still destroyed Clemson but you know what I mean.

Ha!

Wait, you being serious, Clark?

My post was not about Trask, he was an add on

it was about how the the community ofJAX will only want Trevor, and the GM of Jags is in a tough spot because in my opinion he is not a John Elway type guy

Trevor has the looks, the cannon but not a great thrower, he has one pass, a bullet and it is great but no more
Then the people of Jacksonville know a great QB when they see one. I would give up the entire team to get him.

Reactions: fsujoe2671

giphy.gif

Lawrence is the best in college football
DeVontae Smith asks, “Who dis?” He is really the best player in College atm. That kid is unreal and we probably wouldn’t know that if Waddle didn’t get hurt. Bama is freaking loaded in uber dudes. Smith makes me rewind and watch it again and again. Just unreal what he can do.

The Jags have managed to screw up every #1 by taking a gator and then doing nothing with the pick. They'll find a way to mess this up too. They're a failed organization top to bottom.

He doesn’t have a long windup. He has one of the more compact throwing motions you’ll see. And he wasn’t even throwing tonight when he fumbled.

Well, Trent Dilfer disagrees with you.

““He’s super long in his delivery where he has a big front stride and the ball goes way back, left arm gets real wide,” Dilfer said. “He’s found a way, because he’s such an elite athlete, to quicken that up, but it’s still really long. So when you watch him at Clemson and the pocket gets tight, that’s when you see a lot of his errors because he’s so long. The antithesis of that is Tua and Aaron Rodgers -the guys who can play in a phone booth in London.”

OP-
It is definitely worthwhile to have a board discussion about the skill sets (or lack of) of the CFB QB's anticipated to go earlier in the draft this year.
But your cred dropped off a cliff at Trask "is a way better QB than Trevor".

Last edited:
DeVontae Smith asks, “Who dis?” He is really the best player in College atm. That kid is unreal and we probably wouldn’t know that if Waddle didn’t get hurt. Bama is freaking loaded in uber dudes. Smith makes me rewind and watch it again and again. Just unreal what he can do.
This. He should win the Heisman hands down

Reactions: FSUfan1973

Duhhhhhhhhhh???? 🐊

No doubt Bama has great player. TL only comes around once in a blue moon. IMO

That’s just spot on. If I were the Jax GM, I’d take the Alabama WR with the first pick. Then I would take the Alabama QB in the next round if he was still there. Roll the dice on getting 2 for one. Jags have a good RB and some pieces to work with if they can draft a legit weapon. The biggest weapon in college football is Smith.

Wow...never thought I would see a post like this. Trevor is a generational talent and likely one of the top 2-3 QB's we have seen come out of college in 25 years. His skill set is ready made for the NFL.
For the comments above about the length of his wind up...he has a VERY quick release.
Here is part of an NFL scouting report on him:
Lawrence is a good fit for any NFL offense because his powerful arm would allow him to work in a vertical offense and his accuracy on short passes and ability to get the ball out quick lets him fit in a West Coast system. Lawrence has a quick release and a fast arm whip. His internal clock is advanced as well, letting him get the ball out quickly and not put extra pressure on his offensive line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT