ADVERTISEMENT

Lamarcus Joyner!!

Remember having a discussing with Nole and told him if starting a college team, Joyner would be 229's choice over Derwin....he laughed.

Needless to say he's changed his mind too.
In college yes, in the NFL no. I would be willing to guess that DJ3 will be a pro bowler at the next level when a DC knows how to use his skills. I do love Joyner’s heart though.

this is how I see BOOKIE playing for us! we need to get him! Joyner 2.0 .. with woodbey as James 2.0! best safety duo ever if possible!

If that kid had Derwin’s body, he would have been illegal in the secondary.
giphy.gif

Reactions: FSU Fogel
Joyner,Butler,Bush,Gibson,Jackson and a few others had better FSU careers than James.

Seeing Joyner on the sidelines in 2013 vs Clemson is all I need to see. Dude is the best player we have had in the secondary in 15 years. Nothing against the others but that dude wanted "it" every play.

IMO Lamarcus best game as a Nole 2013 vs Clemson, I was there what a special game and special defense that season.

Reactions: Noles229
He would have also played in any Bowl we went to.

Yes, because he was 5'8", wasn't coming off a knee injury and zero chance of being drafted in the first round.

Last edited:
Still a head hunter! Miss the violence he brought on the field while at FSU.
Lamarcus one of my all time favorite players at FSU. I may be a bit biased because up until his senior year he played at my old HS alma mater, Southwest Miami, who hadn't produced a quality football player for years until he came along. Go Eagles! PS - Former FSU great and MLB star Andre Dawson was probably one of the most noted SW alum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT