ADVERTISEMENT

Laremy Tunsil

It's very illegal to hack into someone's account. It's likely even moreso if you then post detrimental photos, whether real or doctored, from their account. And if there's blackmail / extortion involved, that's an additional offense.

Whoever did this to him will be doing some solid time - regardless of the authenticity of the bong or IG screenshots.

Also doubt the NCAA does anything. Tun$il will claim the IG screenshots were doctored, which is very easy to do, and also that he didn't understand the question during the presser, which is also an easy claim to make. The NCAA doesn't have subpoena power, so they won't be able to get access to his accounts. End of show. Hopefully they find a paper trail some other way.

So.... Tunsil is in no trouble at all? Hacker gets solid time? What a screwed up world.

Reactions: Swago
Did anyone notice the confederate flag behind him in the video. That video is 100% legit. You can clearly see him taking off the mask. I hope he can stay away from all the temptation in Miami.

It's very illegal to hack into someone's account. It's likely even moreso if you then post detrimental photos, whether real or doctored, from their account. And if there's blackmail / extortion involved, that's an additional offense.

Whoever did this to him will be doing some solid time - regardless of the authenticity of the bong or IG screenshots.

Also doubt the NCAA does anything. Tun$il will claim the IG screenshots were doctored, which is very easy to do, and also that he didn't understand the question during the presser, which is also an easy claim to make. The NCAA doesn't have subpoena power, so they won't be able to get access to his accounts. End of show. Hopefully they find a paper trail some other way.

i doubt there will be an arrest. I have never heard of such a thing.

Using a computer to access unauthorized services is certainly a crime. With the amount of dollars at stake on this, it escalates the severity of the crime.

Illegal sure. Who is going to do an investigation and an arrest? ive never heard of an arrest being made (not that I've gone out of my way to check).

Ole Miss needs to be spanked. The rumors have been out there since this kid signed, NOW he admits he was on their payroll. SEC. SEC. SEC.

So did you coach give you cash?

"I'd have to say yes"

Did anyone notice the confederate flag behind him in the video. That video is 100% legit. You can clearly see him taking off the mask. I hope he can stay away from all the temptation in Miami.
RE2n4qJ.jpg

Reactions: BCD_NOLE
Illegal sure. Who is going to do an investigation and an arrest? ive never heard of an arrest being made (not that I've gone out of my way to check).
IMHO, with the amount of attention this has received, I would imagine folks from the cyber crime unit already know who did it. It was probably some regular user who knew his password and uploaded the video without protecting his identity very well. If for some reason the FBI is not interested, the NFL has certainly already started their investigation. We are not talking about 2 college kids playing pranks on each other. This is big business with big money involved.

Do not care. My Dolphins just got the best LT in the draft...

And this gd attitude is why this kind of activity goes on consistently. Just win, baby, and to hell with laws, moral obligations, and responsibility.:mad:

IMHO, with the amount of attention this has received, I would imagine folks from the cyber crime unit already know who did it. It was probably some regular user who knew his password and uploaded the video without protecting his identity very well. If for some reason the FBI is not interested, the NFL has certainly already started their investigation. We are not talking about 2 college kids playing pranks on each other. This is big business with big money involved.

I really doubt they will pursue this. I think we have different views about how law enforcement works, but I guess we will see who's view is right.

When I see this kids behavior I place blame on the environment he came from. It's clear Ole Miss was not in control with their kids. Acting just like the mercenary players they were.

He is a Lake City Columbia High product - such a shame.

And this gd attitude is why this kind of activity goes on consistently. Just win, baby, and to hell with laws, moral obligations, and responsibility.:mad:

He was photographed with a Bong, BFD. How horrible a college kid was smoking wacky tobaccy. You act as if his.character flaws stem from some major.criminal offenses.

The Dolphins just got a once in a decade LT for the next 10-12 years at a great value.

That late in the first round he's very much a worthwhile risk. Really what's he done?

He took money in college -- same can be said for 80% of draftable players.
He smoked pot -- same can be said for 80% of draftable players (or Americans in general).
He got his accounts hacked -- is that his fault?

He was dumb to have that video taken while he was using the bong, but it was likely years ago.

Fins should make him shut is social media down or use a stronger password, make him submit to frequent drug tests.

Percy Harvin and Johnny Manziel were far more high risk picks than Tun$il.

I hear you to some degree. Agreed that the underlying offenses are not world-altering. But it's the kid's complete lack of judgment -- and the way he mishandled the issues at the presser -- that have to be concerning. Especially for an organization like Miami that just a few years back endured its own fiasco with the supposed "player bullying" thing.

I hear you to some degree. Agreed that the underlying offenses are not world-altering. But it's the kid's complete lack of judgment -- and the way he mishandled the issues at the presser -- that have to be concerning. Especially for an organization like Miami that just a few years back endured its own fiasco with the supposed "player bullying" thing.

I don't fault the young man. He's never been placed or even coached up on how to handle experience media probes. His agent should be punched in the nuts for letting him face the sharks by himself, if at all.

I don't fault the young man. He's never been placed or even coached up on how to handle experience media probes. His agent should be punched in the nuts for letting him face the sharks by himself, if at all.

Isn't Jimmy Sexton his agent.. oh I get it that's why you want him punched in the nuts!

I really doubt they will pursue this. I think we have different views about how law enforcement works, but I guess we will see who's view is right.
It will be interesting to watch play out, for sure. This part of it. The (lack of) an NCAA investigation, Tunsil's career, etc. I hope the young man can get it together and it sucks that someone's cowardly actions cost him millions.

All this is on the morning news here in Denver complete with video. Rarely does anything like this get on the news here unless it is local. And just wait till he hooks up with the Pouncy punks on South Beach. I haven't been to Myyama in years, are there still drugs down there? Uh oh :cool:

He was photographed with a Bong, BFD. How horrible a college kid was smoking wacky tobaccy. You act as if his.character flaws stem from some major.criminal offenses.

The Dolphins just got a once in a decade LT for the next 10-12 years at a great value.

I take it reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. For clarification...I'm not coming down on the kid, I'm disturbed by the acceptance of such behavior and it's like by people just so a school or team can win. Steal, cheat, break laws, etc should never be condoned so money can be made. I don't pretend to be the conscience of this country, but this great country is slowly eroding from within and it's sickening.

I'm not going to get into a social discourse on the ills of what's going on in major sports at all levels in the USA with you or anyone else so this will be my last take on it. I will bow out and let my opinion stand because it's what I believe and stand for.

Was he the player that didn't even visit ole miss before signing with them? Coach did in house visit and then signed on nsd.

Do you honestly think he still be playing football in 10 years considering he couldn't get his crap together while in the structured environment in a major D-1 program? He is going to have $$$ millions and plenty of downtime in South Beach. He physical ability is unquestioned, it's his heart and character that will do him in.

Fair enough, but I think he could be fine - he's very publicly learned a lesson, most of the time people will learn from it, once in a while (gordon/manziel/harvin) they won't.

I thought the presser was fine, he was candid and honest. Someone asked if it was him, he said yes. Someone asked if he took money, he said yes. Had he lied about something so obvious I would have thought lesser of him.

Reactions: PANole1
Do you honestly think he still be playing football in 10 years considering he couldn't get his crap together while in the structured environment in a major D-1 program? He is going to have $$$ millions and plenty of downtime in South Beach. He physical ability is unquestioned, it's his heart and character that will do him in.

Yeah, b/c smoking weed is just SO horrible. 60% of NFL players would be walking the streets. Show me the crime he committed? You know that thing about, glass houses? We root hard and are all up in uproar for players that have done or suspected of doing FAR worse.

Whoever did it to him will be serving some time. I am sure they were not smart enough to cover their tracks. This cost him somewhere between 3 and 5 million dollars, at least. That goes a little beyond punking somebody.
They are pretty sure its his step dad... he has had trouble with him.

Fair enough, but I think he could be fine - he's very publicly learned a lesson, most of the time people will learn from it, once in a while (gordon/manziel/harvin) they won't.

I thought the presser was fine, he was candid and honest. Someone asked if it was him, he said yes. Someone asked if he took money, he said yes. Had he lied about something so obvious I would have thought lesser of him.
But then the lady swooped in and said no more questions. Ha!

I take it reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. For clarification...I'm not coming down on the kid, I'm disturbed by the acceptance of such behavior and it's like by people just so a school or team can win. Steal, cheat, break laws, etc should never be condoned so money can be made. I don't pretend to be the conscience of this country, but this great country is slowly eroding from within and it's sickening.

I'm not going to get into a social discourse on the ills of what's going on in major sports at all levels in the USA with you or anyone else so this will be my last take on it. I will bow out and let my opinion stand because it's what I believe and stand for.

Don't disagree he has character flaws and probably won't disagree with the social fabric declination of this great country either. In the grand scheme of things, he took more likely accepted $$ that was offered to him. I'm sure you probably hear the horror stories of some of these young men or maybe not, but many would never be afford to enter a college and simply come from some real $#!t holes. I can type that I wouldn't have done the same given his circumstance, but until we walk in those shoes, I dare not.

And just as predicted comes the front page article on ESPN about not blaming the young man. How he handled it well.....blah, blah, blah.

And just as predicted comes the front page article on ESPN about not blaming the young man. How he handled it well.....blah, blah, blah.
TBH he did handle that presser well, and Suzy Kolber's somewhat inappropriate line of questioning on the stage.

He was clear, positive, and as truthful as one could be without throwing himself under the bus. He could have been a coward and made the obvious lie, like most corporate adults in CYA mode do everyday but he didn't.

Reactions: shakane and kdswain

LOL @ structured environment at a D1 program... You know nothing about his heart or his character...

He's not going to be "in South Beach." He's going to be in Davie. That is the complete opposite of anything in South Beach.

So he will be in Davie 24/7? I didn't realize pro athletes were quarantined to a specific area. That's good to know, he should be fine then. lol

TBH he did handle that presser well, and Suzy Kolber's somewhat inappropriate line of questioning on the stage.

He was clear, positive, and as truthful as one could be without throwing himself under the bus. He could have been a coward and made the obvious lie, like most corporate adults in CYA mode do everyday but he didn't.

I hear far more support for the young man on the waves after last night. It actually rallied people to root for him.

The real shame is that he could've played for FSU if Ole Miss wasn't paying his family. I don't care if he smokes some pot he would've been a difference maker at OT that we've desperately needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT