ADVERTISEMENT

Latson scores 31 as FSU routs Clemson

@Bob Ferrante Just how good is this women's team? They have had a few close calls with some lesser opponents and have beaten some very good teams as well. Their two losses were to UConn and OK State. Is this a team that could make a championship run this season? Or are they lacking a key piece to the puzzle?

Reactions: Bob Ferrante
@Bob Ferrante Just how good is this women's team? They have had a few close calls with some lesser opponents and have beaten some very good teams as well. Their two losses were to UConn and OK State. Is this a team that could make a championship run this season? Or are they lacking a key piece to the puzzle?

Coach Wyckoff said last night that she feels FSU can compete with anyone in the nation, especially now that everyone is healthy. I haven't seen an FSU guard quite like Ta'Niya Latson. Tough to compare Latson to a Leticia Romero, for example. As much as I enjoyed watching Romero and admired her skill set, I would take Latson on my team in a heartbeat.

This team is very fun to watch. The pace is fast. They play well on both ends of the court and defense sparks offense. They shot 23 of 25 from the line. Really impressive. The only issue Brooke had last night was Clemson's offensive rebounding, for example. Like Sue Semrau, they both value defense and rebounding but the style is different.

Are they Final Four good? My biggest concern is injuries as they only have 10 players and have already been forced to win games with eight. I'm curious what they do next week against NC State and Louisville before we fuel expectations too much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT