ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of real noise about Chip Kelly leaving the Eagles

Don't be surprised to see Kelly in Nashville with Mariota. If he goes Titans will be one of first to call.

He tried to trade the house for Mariota during the draft last year. Did everything he could to coach him again.

A reunion with Mariota almost seems inevitable. Kelly's system was created to be run by Mariota

The problem with that, is that he has to be fired by the Eagles, he can't just leave the Eagles for an NFL team like he could a college team. And a lot of the speculation now seems to be centered on him leaving on his own. From an ownership standpoint, I dont really think he should be fired for one bad season, and nobody really knows what their ownership is thinking right now. I don't think it would be in the Titans interest to give up a high pick for a coach who has had some NFL success, but really hasn't done anything special. I would rather see the Titans go after Hue Jackson or someone like that. Plus, I think Kelly needs Mariota much more than Mariota needs Kelly, so I dont necessarily know that the Titans are as high on Kelly as people make them out to be. If they can put some pieces around Mariota I think he can succeed in any type of offense. Mariota needs players, not a specific system.

Last edited:
I think chip has been LSU s man the whole time. Jimbo rumors are just the sideshow to keep usc and other competition from catching on. If Lsu is gonna fire miles, they want to have a big splash hire already lined up...one that won't cost them another 5 mil in buyout money and runs an offense their arch nemesis despises and routinely gets beat by.

Oh, and the reason Bama can't stop spread teams is because they are too fat in the back 7. They recruit huge LBs and huge safeties to take away the run and force opponents into a 1 dimensional team. They are not built to run sideline to sideline every single play.

Agree. There is no way LSU could know for certain they have Jimbo with Sexton as his agent. Sexton would always leave a door open for his client to maintain negotiating leverage. The Kelly suggestion seems more palatable to me than the Jimbo option as well.

Agree also on the spread offense and Bama's defense. We've basically adjusted that defense to the spread by going lighter and having guys that can play two roles so they can adjust the defense without changing personnel. I think it's the better approach but it really tests your LB's IMO and we've had some issues there. I don't think any of us, even while being big fans of his, appreciated enough just how great the job Telvin Smith did as our "big" LB. His size and speed let him cover a lot of ground against both running and passing plays using his speed and instincts and yet, even though a small guy, he could stack a guys forward progress as well as anyone, no matter their weight.

Well this is interesting.

If we accept that Jimbo was being used as a smokescreen its possible he was pissed about the situation which would explain his tone at Monday's press conference.

Just speculation of course!

Well, Kelly wont be at LSU. Smart move by LSU IMO, but they handled that situation horribly.

Reactions: CJRN
I don't remember Belichick complaining, but Saban's not wrong. The '3 yard' rule is a travesty.

You're conflating different things.
The '3 yard' rule is separate from the '10 second rule' he wanted. He basically wants to make sure he can always sub, even if the offense doesn't, but he took the ludicrous tack that this was for 'player safety'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT