ADVERTISEMENT

Mariota....

well Jameis's numbers were not that much better....marcus did win, just get used to marcus in the league he is a top ten QB just like JW

Jameis also has to deal with a depleares WR corp.

Not sure why this post is on a Nole Board?

well Jameis's numbers were not that much better....marcus did win, just get used to marcus in the league he is a top ten QB just like JW
And in what world is Mariota better than (in no order, off my head)?? :

1. Tom Brady
2. Matt Ryan
3. Drew Brees
4. Andrew Luck
5. Aaron Rogers
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Russell Wilson
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Kirk Cousins

I wouldn't even say he is better than this group:

Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Dak Prescott
Tyrod Taylor
Carson Wentz

If you want to make a case for him in the top 15 (basically upper half) then maybe...MAYBE. But top 10? Nah. Nope. Uh-uh.

Mariotta is good guy and is a good QB too. It doesn't have to be an either Jameis or Mariotta situation. I can cheer for both without a problem with it.

6-20 for 88 yards. Cute, but Titans won right? Did I mention he boogie boards?
No surprise i like jameis more than MM, but it seems some root against MM either because he went #2 to JW or because we totally shat our pants against oregon and folks are still upset.

He seems like a good kid, i don't see any reason to root against him.

Reactions: samdingo
No surprise i like jameis more than MM, but it seems some root against MM either because he went #2 to JW or because we totally shat our pants against oregon and folks are still upset.

He seems like a good kid, i don't see any reason to root against him.
I was one of those but I'm coming around.

And in what world is Mariota better than (in no order, off my head)?? :

1. Tom Brady
2. Matt Ryan
3. Drew Brees
4. Andrew Luck
5. Aaron Rogers
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Russell Wilson
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Kirk Cousins

I wouldn't even say he is better than this group:

Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Dak Prescott
Tyrod Taylor
Carson Wentz

If you want to make a case for him in the top 15 (basically upper half) then maybe...MAYBE. But top 10? Nah. Nope. Uh-uh.
Yikes. Statistically over the last several weeks he had been.

Wentz?

Prescott?

Point he was making was he's in the discussion and only a second year guy. Just like Jameis his time is coming. Neither are top 10 now, I'll agree

Yikes. Statistically over the last several weeks he had been.

Wentz?

Prescott?

Point he was making was he's in the discussion and only a second year guy. Just like Jameis his time is coming. Neither are top 10 now, I'll agree
Dak Prescott is #1 in the NFL in total QBR. Not to mention his team is 11-1. I mean I didn't put him in my top ten but he has an argument that he may be the better prospect than Mariota.

That's fine, he's a good young QB. I'm not trying to argue that. Just throwing out there that he is a top 10 QB today was overkill.

Dak Prescott is #1 in the NFL in total QBR. Not to mention his team is 11-1. I mean I didn't put him in my top ten but he has an argument that he may be the better prospect than Mariota.

That's fine, he's a good young QB. I'm not trying to argue that. Just throwing out there that he is a top 10 QB today was overkill.

So you think Dak is higher than Mariota due to QBR, but you also put Wentz higher than Mariota despite Mariota having the 11th highest QBR and Wentz the 30th? It is fine to not say Mariota is a top 10 QB, but your reasoning on comparing him to other guys is as inconsistent as it could possibly be. Comparing him to Dak QBR matters to you, comparing him to Wentz QBR obviously doesn't matter to you.

So you think Dak is higher than Mariota due to QBR, but you also put Wentz higher than Mariota despite Mariota having the 11th highest QBR and Wentz the 30th? It is fine to not say Mariota is a top 10 QB, but your reasoning on comparing him to other guys is as inconsistent as it could possibly be. Comparing him to Dak QBR matters to you, comparing him to Wentz QBR obviously doesn't matter to you.
Dak has the #1 QBR in the NFL and I didn't even have him in the group of top 10 QBs, so the simple application of logic and common sense would tell you I didn't say Dak was better due to QBR. The other poster acted like it was crazy I mentioned Dak so I used that to show he is statistically doing well and his team is at the top of the league.

I also said that Mariota could make an argument to be better than some of the 2nd group (but an argument could be made that he isn't). I have seen Wentz play and i just think hes better and will be better. I didn't even list Derek Carr and he may be better.

But this is the TC so go ahead make your point based on pieces of what I said. My point is he isn't a top 10 QB right now and possibly not a top 15 QB.

Dak has the #1 QBR in the NFL and I didn't even have him in the group of top 10 QBs, so the simple application of logic and common sense would tell you I didn't say Dak was better due to QBR. The other poster acted like it was crazy I mentioned Dak so I used that to show he is statistically doing well and his team is at the top of the league.

I also said that Mariota could make an argument to be better than some of the 2nd group (but an argument could be made that he isn't). I have seen Wentz play and i just think hes better and will be better. I didn't even list Derek Carr and he may be better.

But this is the TC so go ahead make your point based on pieces of what I said. My point is he isn't a top 10 QB right now and possibly not a top 15 QB.

I don't really have an issue with you saying Dak is better (I disagree, but certainly an argument can be made). Wentz (and Tyrod) I don't get at all. You can argue he may be better down the road, I don't think so but again, certainly an argument could be made. But, I thought you were talking about currently, and I cant possibly see how Wentz has been better than Mariota this year.

I don't really have an issue with you saying Dak is better (I disagree, but certainly an argument can be made). Wentz (and Tyrod) I don't get at all. You can argue he may be better down the road, I don't think so but again, certainly an argument could be made. But, I thought you were talking about currently, and I cant possibly see how Wentz has been better than Mariota this year.
Fair, I'll concede Wentz. I do think he will be better down the road. Not this year.

Fair, I'll concede Wentz. I do think he will be better down the road. Not this year.

Obviously we will just have to see what happens down the road, but I think you are selling Marcus really short. He is 5th in TD passes, only has 8 INTs, 6th in passer rating, 5th in yards per attempt, completing over 60% of his passes. All of that looks really good, but also consider that he was the guy who probably had the biggest learning curve out of college due to the offense he played in, and is already putting up really good #s in year two. I expect him to continue to get better down the road, and as well as he has played this year, I think that is saying something if he does indeed continue to get better.

Reactions: ScottiePimpin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT